Thorens Excelda NEW FIBER GEAR for Phonograph Motor

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
keinert
Victor Jr

Thorens Excelda NEW FIBER GEAR for Phonograph Motor

Post by keinert »

Hello,
I'm listing on ebay, a brand new replacement fiber gear that goes into your Thorens Excelda portable phonograph 78RPM record player. This is the gear that is driven directly from the worm gear on the speed governor. Unless your phonograph has seen very little use over the years, these gears will always be worn. I restored the Excelda pictured here and my fiber gear was bad, so I had a local machinist make a few for me. I have installed one into my Excelda and it works great. It press fits onto the original metal shaft. It meshes nicely with the worm, and the turntable runs smoothly under load (while a record is being played). The fiber gear being auctioned here, is one of only a few that I have left. When they're gone, I will not be making more.

The ebay auction is # 300401103657

Thanks,
Kevin.

keinert@sbceo.org
http://www.GameRoomRepair.com
Attachments
gear1.jpg
gear1.jpg (87.53 KiB) Viewed 3243 times

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Re: Thorens Excelda NEW FIBER GEAR for Phonograph Motor

Post by brianu »

you wouldn't happen to have a replacement spring for the same type of motor would you?

keinert
Victor Jr

Post by keinert »

Hello, no I don't have the barrel motor spring, however I believe that you should be able to come up with a suitable replacement. Find a reputable repair shop for antique clocks. If he/she is a member of the NAWCC (National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors), then they will have access to suppliers that sell replacement springs for clocks. I would think that one of these springs would work in the Excelda, but it will take a little time and effort to find the right spring.

Good luck,
Kevin.

www.GameRoomRepair.com

Post by Guest »

Hi, Any chance that you will sell one privately?

keinert
Victor Jr

Post by keinert »

Hello, yes I will sell them privately, but I only have three or four pieces left. For those people reading this post in the future, please contact me at keinert@sbceo.org to make sure that I still have one left for sale. The ebay auction closed at $43.00. If you want one for that price, please send an email to keinert@sbceo.org and let me know your shipping address. If you're in the USA, shipping will be $3.00. Insurance is extra if you want it. I will reply to your email with instuctions on how to send your payment.

Thanks,
Kevin.

www.GameRoomRepair.com

dsadler
Victor Jr

Re: Wanted: Thorens Excelda FIBER GEAR for Phonograph Motor

Post by dsadler »

Hello,
As I'm on the hunt for a replacement fiber gear for my Thorens Excelda portable phonograph, and have had no luck locating one, I'd like to resurrect this post and see if anyone knows where I might find one, new or used. Thanks, Dan

rocketaroo
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Newcastle Australia

Post by rocketaroo »

I need one of these gears as well.

Roaring20s
Victor V
Personal Text: Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music. Nietzsche

Post by Roaring20s »

Look here, he my still have some...
http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... =9&t=36175

James.