89 Dollar Credenza in Metro Detroit

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
TonyJ
Victor I

89 Dollar Credenza in Metro Detroit

Post by TonyJ »

Spotted this on Craigslist (not mine) and looks like a decent machine for the price. I have no room or I would snag this up - someone should grab it!

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/atq/ ... 70937.html

melvind
Victor IV

Re: 89 Dollar Credenza in Metro Detroit

Post by melvind »

picture...

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

the Credenza is such a dignified looking machine. I once owned a nice one with a light caramel colored walnut finish that I wish I still had.
Attachments
IMG_0029.jpeg
IMG_0028.jpeg
IMG_0027.jpeg

Detrbear
Victor O

Post by Detrbear »

Found this going through some older posts.

A good friend wound up with this. I took him to look at it, fearful it was going to be a massive struggle to get it out of the basement. The owner was moving and had already transferred it to his garage, much to our relief. He said others had come to see it and just wanted to take the reproducer, which is brass, and leave the rest. It had been his grandmother's, and he couldn't bear to see it end that way. He was impressed we'd brought a test record and packet of needles. Though it had a bit of water damage, it still sounded like a million bucks, so we settled on that and a big plastic tub or records for $80.

I think everybody who saw the ad must have assumed it was still in the basement, as it was listed on Craigslist for a couple of months. Very glad we went to see it anyway!

Though I never saw this until now, I appreciate that you posted it TonyJ, thanks!

Django
Victor IV

Post by Django »

Good deal. The Brass reproducer is probably worth four times that. They really do live up to their reputation. I put on Nick Lucas and you would think that the guitar is in the room with you.