Wurlitzer Simplex Model 412

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

Wurlitzer Simplex Model 412

Post by audiophile102 »

Here is an interesting coin op machine I found on Facebook Market Place. The seller wants $3,400. How much to repair it?
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 646933285/
Wurlitzer Simplex model 412.jpg
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."

jukejunkie
Victor I

Re: Wurlitzer Simplex Model 412

Post by jukejunkie »

They are nice reliable (when restored) but already priced for a fully restored machine. With only 12 selection and a horseshoe pickup in a bear claw tonearm with what feels like a bricks pressure will quickly eat any record.

The jukebox market is the lowest it has been in years. A 1930's machine like this has very limited collector value and not a rare machine in terms of production numbers. It is priced for a full profession caster up restoration when it is only an "as found" jukebox.

Most reproduction parts for jukeboxes were made for 1940s machines and even those are getting limited as the 1950s and later are more in the collectors' market and often in Europe.

I have one in my collection but doubt I will ever restore it. Fully playing and over 10 years ago I paid $500 for it which is probably still about the right price.

Kurt
jukejunkie