HMV193 On EbayUK

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
HMVDevotee
Victor I
Personal Text: Spin'em Fast!

HMV193 On EbayUK

Post by HMVDevotee »

Holy Cow! An HMV193 with an oil bath motor, for 1000 pounds, sitting on EbayUK for weeks? Do you UK collectors think 1000 pounds is overpriced for a local sale? (Proper crating and importing to the US is astronomically expensive.) Given the quality of the sound from the 193, I'm amazed it hasn't sold!
Attachments
Ebay193.jpg

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Re: HMV193 On EbayUK

Post by epigramophone »

Even if I wanted a big Re-Entrant, which I do not, a 350 mile round trip and the seller's less than perfect feedback would be disincentives. The price of these machines has fallen, and in terms of sound quality, an E.M.G. or Expert hand made gramophone would be my choice every time.

AZ*
Victor IV

Post by AZ* »

The seller should be ashamed at the lousy photos in his ebay listing. Blurry, incomplete views, etc. Terrible! :monkey:
Best regards ... AZ*

Detrbear
Victor O

Post by Detrbear »

I was thinking the same thing...whenever someone posts a combination of clear and very out of focus pictures, it appears that they're hiding something. Also, when the seller posts many close up shots, but no full shot of the item, there's something wrong.

mrrgstuff
Victor I

Post by mrrgstuff »

For my point of view, whilst this is a very desirable machine, having just bought a HMV 162 for £60 locally, the thought of starting bidding for something at £999 really doesn't appeal. Its out of my price range and I also really don't have anywhere to put it. Hopefully though it will find a good home :D

mrrgstuff
Victor I

Post by mrrgstuff »

For my point of view, whilst this is a very desirable machine, having just bought a HMV 162 for £60 locally, the thought of bidding for something starting at £999 really doesn't appeal. Its out of my price range and I also really don't have anywhere to put it. Hopefully though it will find a good home :D

soundgen
Victor VI

Post by soundgen »

I bid £999 on this machine but withdrew it as I had requested photos of the legs and he said

"New message from: daveho2o8 (1,081Red Star)
Why do you want to see legs? Nothing wrong with them people keep asking for photos Nothing wrong with gramophone just needs good polish Dave H" :(

Henry
Victor V

Post by Henry »

soundgen wrote:I bid £999 on this machine but withdrew it as I had requested photos of the legs and he said

Why do you want to see legs? Nothing wrong with them people keep asking for photos Nothing wrong with gramophone just needs good polish Dave H" :(
Translation: "I cut the legs off because I'm only 37.5 inches tall, but you can pile up some polishing tins under the cabinet where the legs were and the height will be just fine."

Dulcetto
Victor II

Post by Dulcetto »

soundgen wrote:I bid £999 on this machine but withdrew it as I had requested photos of the legs and he said

There's also something wrong with someone who wants a grand to start the bidding ,but does crap photos , can't be bothered to at least wipe a duster over the cabinet and is then arrogant and rude to soundgen's perfectly reasonable request. Very wise Mike to withdraw your bid. I like the bit "just needs a good polish " which probably means the surface finish is knackered and there's a big stain on the lid etc etc. No wonder there's no bids with an attitude like that ! Dulcetto