Rare Victrola VV-107 on Craigslist, Windsor Connecticut

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
Django
Victor IV

Rare Victrola VV-107 on Craigslist, Windsor Connecticut

Post by Django »

https://hartford.craigslist.org/atq/d/w ... 51993.html

I hate to use the word rare, but this is a pretty rare machine at a reasonable price. Not mine, but if I wasn’t out of room, it would be.
Attachments
4F58E945-A06E-47DA-9671-E6D5BA4097A5.jpeg
4F58E945-A06E-47DA-9671-E6D5BA4097A5.jpeg (31.81 KiB) Viewed 1045 times

AZ*
Victor IV

Re: Rare Victrola VV-107 on Craigslist, Windsor Connecticut

Post by AZ* »

With the larger horn opening, is there any noticeable difference in sound quality vs a typical pre-Orthophonic Victrola? I suspect not, but maybe someone who has one (or a similar machine) has an opinion.
Best regards ... AZ*

Henry
Victor V

Post by Henry »

There are no pictures of the turntable compartment, so we can't tell whether there might be condition issues under there. Also can't tell anything about the sound box, or the "engine compartment" (motor and gearing). I wish the seller had included just a few more images to show us what's what.

CharliePhono
Victor III
Personal Text: "The kerosene record player is not a very efficient device." ~Frank Zappa

Post by CharliePhono »

I owned one of these when I lived in Vermont in the early aughts. I purchased it through a local want ad from a family in Lebanon, NH. My buddy and I had to bring it down a steep second-floor staircase. What fun that was. At any rate, I ended up ebaying it perhaps two years later and it was shipped to a well-to-do collector in California, having sold for around $800, if I recall (those were the days). At any rate, yes, it sounded as you would expect with the fat tonearm, #2 reproducer and the largish horn opening. It could be quite loud, if one desired it to be. Of course, it lacked the depth of an Orthophonic machine, as expected, but it still had quite impressive sound on clean acoustic discs.