SOLD: Gear Cover for Edison Standard Suitcase Phonograph

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: SOLD: Gear Cover for Edison Standard Suitcase Phonograph

Post by phonogfp »

It does make for interesting speculation. This reminds me of conversations I've had as to why the Manhattan coin-ops all seem to use "suitcase-style" Standard mechanisms, even though the Manhattans date from after the introduction of the "New Style" cabinets and mechanisms. The answer in both instances (Manhattan coin-ops and early ICS machines) may be the same.

George P.

Phono-Phan
Victor V

Post by Phono-Phan »

Is there a chance that pictures can be posted of the variances?

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Phono-Phan wrote:Is there a chance that pictures can be posted of the variances?
Sure!

George P.
First style gear cover as found on "suitcase" Standard Phonographs.  Note squared-off cast tabs in linear arrangement.
First style gear cover as found on "suitcase" Standard Phonographs. Note squared-off cast tabs in linear arrangement.
Second style gear cover as found on "New Style" Standard A, B, and C Phonographs.  Note rounded cast tabs with rear offset.
Second style gear cover as found on "New Style" Standard A, B, and C Phonographs. Note rounded cast tabs with rear offset.

Phono-Phan
Victor V

Post by Phono-Phan »

Thanks!!! I learn something new everyday on this forum. Also, the opening to access the rod set screw is slightly different.
Ken Brekke