Post by JerryVan »

Attachments
sonora.jpg

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Re: Really Special SONORA on eBay!

Post by Curt A »

It is a bargain AND it comes with an "extra needle"... Too bad you can't get to New York without a 14 day quarantine...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

GlensterTX
Victor O

Post by GlensterTX »

Here’s a shot of the interior, for when the photos disappear - the tone arm is configured for vertical-cut records and that’s a neat looking electromagnetic pickup, maybe a Pacent:
9E1FD833-836D-4E73-82A2-E08FA20539BA.jpeg

colmike1
Victor III

Post by colmike1 »

I was the high bidder, but a day later, he cancelled the sale stating there was something wrong with the machine and he did not want to misrepresent it. Sounds bogus to me.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

colmike1 wrote:I was the high bidder, but a day later, he cancelled the sale stating there was something wrong with the machine and he did not want to misrepresent it. Sounds bogus to me.

What a jerk... Sorry to see this. Anyone who would do that is not someone you would want to deal with anyway I guess.

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

It's clearly someone who thought they would get much more money than they did. It's happened to me too.

colmike1
Victor III

Post by colmike1 »

JerryVan wrote:
colmike1 wrote:I was the high bidder, but a day later, he cancelled the sale stating there was something wrong with the machine and he did not want to misrepresent it. Sounds bogus to me.

What a jerk... Sorry to see this. Anyone who would do that is not someone you would want to deal with anyway I guess.
I asked him for photos of the damage, but, of course, no reply.

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

Tell him you will accept it "as is", with whatever damage and if no reply, file a complaint with eBay stating he failed to complete the sale.
Although, in reality, $150 is a steal.

How did you plan to get it from NY to Illinois, anyway? I didn't bid on it because of the 14 day quarantine required to enter NY and shipping it didn't seem to be an option...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

colmike1
Victor III

Post by colmike1 »

Curt A wrote:Tell him you will accept it "as is", with whatever damage and if no reply, file a complaint with eBay stating he failed to complete the sale.
Although, in reality, $150 is a steal.

How did you plan to get it from NY to Illinois, anyway? I didn't bid on it because of the 14 day quarantine required to enter NY and shipping it didn't seem to be an option...
I have family in the region who would pick it up for me. I have passed the whole mess over to eBay. I am expecting it to be the one time they favor the seller.

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

It looks some monstrosity that you might find in the Addams Family mansion! Creepy designs that give me the creeps!