Unusual and Rare Sonora Console Phonograph

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
msarnold1990
Victor O

Unusual and Rare Sonora Console Phonograph

Post by msarnold1990 »

Just found this in Facebook marketplace. Definitely a higher end Sonora model. It appears to have an Acoustic and Electric reproducer. Someone should grab it.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 704491684/

Roaring20s
Victor V
Personal Text: Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music. Nietzsche

Re: Unusual and Rare Sonora Console Phonograph

Post by Roaring20s »

This machine was discussed a bit in Oct., here's the link ...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47170

James.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

This is apparently the wayward Sonora that can't seem to find a home. :(

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

JerryVan wrote:This is apparently the wayward Sonora that can't seem to find a home. :(
I thought the guy in New York with the Sonora collection bought it...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

There are probably many collectors around the country that would love to have a machine like this. But it's tough getting it from point A to point B. I have quite a number of large machines but I love each one. I might buy a Graphophone only if I like it but I've got to love a Grafonola if it's coming home.

I do a fair amount of purchasing to resell at shows but they are generally horn machines that are easy to transport to sales or ship. I have purchased an occasional upright but they fall into the desirable category like an Amberola 1 or a VTLA. I've talked with collectors that are going to an Expo and hope to buy a nice Victrola XVI. Most big shows are also an exchange point where pre-purchased items change hands. So I advise a potential Victrola XVI buyer to advertise by posting a wanted item in the Trader. Most often they reply by saying they'll wait to see what turns up at the show. I think that's a mistake. I might have a nice XVI available but it's probably on consignment at the local antique shop. It's not likely to make it to an Expo because it takes up too much traveling space unless it's pre-sold.

I apologize if I've taken this thread off topic. ;)

Jerry B.