Brunswick Sharon on UK eBay.

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
HMVDevotee
Victor I
Personal Text: Spin'em Fast!

Re: Brunswick Sharon on UK eBay.

Post by HMVDevotee »

I don't know what you fellows think, but that finish looks stripped to me... too uniform for fading, and down to the nail heads on the decorative plaques topping the leg rails. Given the condition of the interior, I have a hard time thinking the exterior survived any better.

Henry
Victor V

Post by Henry »

HMVDevotee wrote:I don't know what you fellows think, but that finish looks stripped to me... too uniform for fading, and down to the nail heads on the decorative plaques topping the leg rails. Given the condition of the interior, I have a hard time thinking the exterior survived any better.
Ditto. Didn't want to be the first or only one to post the same thoughts, and I concur.

OrthoFan
Victor V

Post by OrthoFan »

Henry wrote:
HMVDevotee wrote:I don't know what you fellows think, but that finish looks stripped to me... too uniform for fading, and down to the nail heads on the decorative plaques topping the leg rails. Given the condition of the interior, I have a hard time thinking the exterior survived any better.
Ditto. Didn't want to be the first or only one to post the same thoughts, and I concur.
In my earlier post (ignored, of course) I pointed out that the sound box and reproducer used for this "1924" model were from 1926 or later, so I'm thinking it might also be a "swap and switch" model.

OF

Henry
Victor V

Post by Henry »

No offense intended. I know nothing about Brunswick machines per se, but I think I can recognize a stripped finish!

OrthoFan
Victor V

Post by OrthoFan »

Henry wrote:No offense intended. I know nothing about Brunswick machines per se, but I think I can recognize a stripped finish!
I agree completely, and should have added that to my above post. How much that should impact the seller's expectations, I don't know. It would probably perform as well as any of the smaller Exponential Horn Panatrope models, but it would take some time and talent to recreate the blended lacquer(?) finish.

OF