Savoy Orpheans "Charleston" on eBay. Mine.

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
Phono48
Victor IV

Savoy Orpheans "Charleston" on eBay. Mine.

Post by Phono48 »

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Re: Savoy Orpheans "Charleston" on eBay. Mine.

Post by epigramophone »

I sold my spare copy recently for £100. I hope yours does equally well.

phonosandradios
Victor II
Personal Text: So many audio formats, so little listening time!

Post by phonosandradios »

This is one record I always like to watch on ebay as its interesting to see what each copy goes for. Last year an E copy went for just over £300 :shock:
I am interested in all forms of audio media including: gramophones, phonographs, wire recorders, the tefifon, reel to reel tapes, radiograms and radios.

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

Never suspected this record was so rare... I own a French issue since 198x, and it costed a mere 3€!!! It's true that I've never seen another copy, though... The record is announced, I don't remember now if the introductory speech is done by the orchestra leader, or by the vocalist, Ramon Newton. I've read about it somewhere in the web...
Inigo

phonosandradios
Victor II
Personal Text: So many audio formats, so little listening time!

Post by phonosandradios »

I am interested in all forms of audio media including: gramophones, phonographs, wire recorders, the tefifon, reel to reel tapes, radiograms and radios.

Phono48
Victor IV

Post by Phono48 »

epigramophone wrote:I sold my spare copy recently for £100. I hope yours does equally well.
It did, thanks! Sold for £103.

Barry

CarlosV
Victor IV

Post by CarlosV »

Inigo wrote:Never suspected this record was so rare... I own a French issue since 198x, and it costed a mere 3€!!! It's true that I've never seen another copy, though... The record is announced, I don't remember now if the introductory speech is done by the orchestra leader, or by the vocalist, Ramon Newton. I've read about it somewhere in the web...
This record is not really rare, Iñigo. I also have a copy. Any version of James P Johnson's Charleston falls in the category of ¨desirable¨, thus the high prices it commands irrespect of scarcity. Try announcing Glenn Miller's Moonlight Serenade or Bing Crosby's White Christmas on non-US eBay, and both will sell immediately, even though White Christmas held the record of the best-selling record up until recently, and Moonlight Serenade sold millions of copies as well.