VV-X table model for parts/restore? Ca, marketplace

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
emerson
Victor III

VV-X table model for parts/restore? Ca, marketplace

Post by emerson »

$45 buys it in Madera---looks like all the mechanical parts are there, including the bullet brake and reproducer---could not see if the crank was present.

cweastlick
Victor II

Re: VV-X table model for parts/restore? Ca, marketplace

Post by cweastlick »

It looks like the base is gone.

CharliePhono
Victor III
Personal Text: "The kerosene record player is not a very efficient device." ~Frank Zappa

Post by CharliePhono »

There is a thread about this in the "crapophone" subsection of the ebay & auction section. (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48676) I saw the ad for this and don't know why they're saying it's in Madera (unless something changed?). The ad I saw listed it in the town of Coarsegold, CA.

emerson
Victor III

Post by emerson »

------It does look like the base and doors? are missing but to get the the rest of what looks like the complete works for $45 is a good deal. ------It does say Coarseville? But when you hit on the photo it says Madera with a phone number

emerson
Victor III

Post by emerson »

------It does look like the base and doors? are missing but to get the the rest of what looks like the complete works for $45 is a good deal. ------It does say Coarsegold? But when you hit on the photo it says Madera with a phone number

GregVTLA
Victor III
Personal Text: Greg

Post by GregVTLA »

There was a guy on the Facebook group that bought a nice empty cabinet. Maybe this could be a donor?

cweastlick
Victor II

Post by cweastlick »

I contacted the guy about the X. I asked him for some more pictures. He told me I had to come and look at it myself. I told him that I didn't live in the area and asked if it could be shipped. His response was "No!" End of correspondence. :(

CharliePhono
Victor III
Personal Text: "The kerosene record player is not a very efficient device." ~Frank Zappa

Post by CharliePhono »

I am going to pick up this old derelict today. With the sparse resources I have available, i.e., no workshop, adequate tools, etc., I rather doubt I'd be able to bring the cabinet back together, as it appears the base is missing as well as the doors. The guy told me he thought it had a crank, and it may not even have a motor for that matter. No matter, there are enough good parts on it to make it worthwhile, as Jerry B. pointed out. If the whole thing is irredeemable, the parts may show up on the Yankee Trader!

emerson
Victor III

Post by emerson »

Oh Yes You Can---bring it back to completion. The Forum members prove that all the time, offering help with their knowledge and parts availability. AND, You can do it. So, lets hear what is all there when you pick it up---Looking forward to your next post.