Sonora baby grand Indiana

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

Sonora baby grand Indiana

Post by audiophile102 »

Facebook marketplace. Asking $200. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... tory_share
Screenshot_20210315-202551_Facebook.jpg
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."

bearcat
Victor O

Re: Sonora baby grand Indiana

Post by bearcat »

"Seeing these sell for around $6,000"...Really?...Glasses needed or the rose colored ones work for you?...

Unclear to me if the pictures are of machine for sale or the $6000 machine listed elsewhere...
Motometer on pictured machine...Nickel plated tonearm should be gold?...

bob stutz

bearcat
Victor O

Post by bearcat »

One picture shows machine with casters and factory carved 'feet'...A couple pictures later show feet 'artistically' modified to points, no casters...
Missing applied carving, record storage facilities...Is Motometer on machine for sale?...Be sure to ask a lot of questions...
Price is O.K., but what are you buying?...

bob stutz

bearcat
Victor O

Post by bearcat »

audiophile102
Thank you for passing information along to fellow collectors...You have brought up many machines to the forum...
I have been critical of the information contained in the listing passed on...Just making sure I haven't ruffled feathers...
Any criticism was meant for the listing, not you...
I try not to blame messengers...

bob stutz

audiophile102
Victor IV

Post by audiophile102 »

No problem Bob. Buyer beware is sage advise. If it's a legitimate Sonora it could be a bargain so I passed it on.
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."

Pathe Logical
Victor II

Post by Pathe Logical »

Hi Bob and John,

Even though the item up for sale in the Facebook Marketplace listing is said to be a Sonora Baby Grand, the damaged machine is in fact a Sonora Invincible (one step down in Sonora’s “bulged” offerings from the top-of-the-line Sonora Supreme). The first pic in the listing shows a nice looking, intact Sonora Elite. The Sonora bulged machines that were manufactured over time, ranked from highest to lowest original selling price, are:

Supreme
Invincible
Grand
Elite
Baby Grand
Barcarolle

The seller probably doesn’t know one Sonora model from another. For a buyer with the time, knowledge and skill to restore this Invincible back to its original state, this may not be a bad deal. It's just not going to be me. This could also be a potential donor machine for someone with another Invincible which is missing parts.

John —- Thanks for taking the time to alert others to machines for sale which may be of potential interest to others!

Bob

audiophile102
Victor IV

Post by audiophile102 »