HMV His Masters Voice smokers stand Nipper Victor

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
soundgen
Victor V

HMV His Masters Voice smokers stand Nipper Victor

Post by soundgen »

HMV His Masters Voice smokers stand Nipper Victor ! What a rare item you'll never see another !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HMV-His-Mast ... 4004574918
Attachments
anippsmoke.JPG
anippsmoke.JPG (41.25 KiB) Viewed 704 times

CarlosV
Victor IV

Re: HMV His Masters Voice smokers stand Nipper Victor

Post by CarlosV »

It is an interesting curio. I saw another one for sale some months ago, so it is probably not as rare as Guido claims, unless it is the same one that is being reoffered. The ad seems misleading to me, it implies that it is a HMV product. Severely overpriced in my view, 10 times less would be more what I would expect from this kind of gizmo, unless you are a cigargramophone addict.

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

CarlosV wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:18 pm It is an interesting curio. I saw another one for sale some months ago, so it is probably not as rare as Guido claims, unless it is the same one that is being reoffered. The ad seems misleading to me, it implies that it is a HMV product. Severely overpriced in my view, 10 times less would be more what I would expect from this kind of gizmo, unless you are a cigargramophone addict.
It is an HMV product ! See collecting Nipper Memorabilia By Ruth Edge

CarlosV
Victor IV

Post by CarlosV »

soundgen wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:20 pm
CarlosV wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:18 pm It is an interesting curio. I saw another one for sale some months ago, so it is probably not as rare as Guido claims, unless it is the same one that is being reoffered. The ad seems misleading to me, it implies that it is a HMV product. Severely overpriced in my view, 10 times less would be more what I would expect from this kind of gizmo, unless you are a cigargramophone addict.
It is an HMV product ! See collecting Nipper Memorabilia By Ruth Edge
All right, thanks for enlightening me. But I still think it is overprice - I don't smoke, though.

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

I agree...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

All collectibles are “overpriced”. 99.9% of the people in the world wouldn’t give $100 for a Berliner unless they knew somebody else valued it higher.

I bought one of these cigar stands a couple of years ago, to give as a gift to my best friend, a cigar smoker. I gladly paid about $800 for it, but he has absolutely no idea about what it cost.

Raphael

CarlosV
Victor IV

Post by CarlosV »

Raphael wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:31 am All collectibles are “overpriced”. 99.9% of the people in the world wouldn’t give $100 for a Berliner unless they knew somebody else valued it higher.

I bought one of these cigar stands a couple of years ago, to give as a gift to my best friend, a cigar smoker. I gladly paid about $800 for it, but he has absolutely no idea about what it cost.

Raphael
That's the source of my remark, Raphael. The gysmo above would interest people who are both tabagists AND gramophonists, a sub-subset of an already very small group of people. A non-smoker gramophone collector like me would not be interested in it, but I concede that if I were a cigar adept I would value cutting my cigars in the Nipper cigar stand while listening to a quality gramophone.