eBay sellers can no longer use PayPal under new terms MAKES THE NEWS !

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
Dulcetto
Victor II

Re: eBay sellers can no longer use PayPal under new terms MAKES THE NEWS !

Post by Dulcetto »

soundgen wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:11 am Also now Ebay hold money for ages , I sold lots of items on the 4th and today they are still processing them , they will have held this money for 4 days , never happened with PayPal :x
The reason ebay hold funds for up to 4 days is actually simply explained. Buyers are now offered more payment options such as credit / debit cards etc. Some of those payment methods take 48 hours or so to get through due to the general way the banking and financial industry operate, so ebay are not going to release funds into the seller's account before the funds have cleared into their own. The other things that not all financial institutions "work" over weekends. True , we never had this problem with paypal , but unfortunately the modern world of tech is evolving all the time with so many different ways that buyer's can now interact with it, and ebay have to keep up with those changes. Not saying I'm a fan of everything ebay does -- especially the grossly unfair commission on shipping charges , but hey ho , there's always a way around it for the savvy seller. The bigger problem as I see it is that dishonest buyers are allowed to come up with a load of crap reasons for claiming a refund , even though it is blatantly obvious that he or she may be lying.

soundgen
Victor V

Re: eBay sellers can no longer use PayPal under new terms MAKES THE NEWS !

Post by soundgen »

Dulcetto wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:40 am
soundgen wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:11 am Also now Ebay hold money for ages , I sold lots of items on the 4th and today they are still processing them , they will have held this money for 4 days , never happened with PayPal :x
The reason ebay hold funds for up to 4 days is actually simply explained. Buyers are now offered more payment options such as credit / debit cards etc. Some of those payment methods take 48 hours or so to get through due to the general way the banking and financial industry operate, so ebay are not going to release funds into the seller's account before the funds have cleared into their own. The other things that not all financial institutions "work" over weekends. True , we never had this problem with paypal , but unfortunately the modern world of tech is evolving all the time with so many different ways that buyer's can now interact with it, and ebay have to keep up with those changes. Not saying I'm a fan of everything ebay does -- especially the grossly unfair commission on shipping charges , but hey ho , there's always a way around it for the savvy seller. The bigger problem as I see it is that dishonest buyers are allowed to come up with a load of crap reasons for claiming a refund , even though it is blatantly obvious that he or she may be lying.
I appreciate all of that , BUT when you issue a refund say postage over-payment it's processed in 20 seconds , and taken :cry: off the money they are due to pay you ! Sucks !