A PayPal Saga

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
dyxshop
Victor O

Re: A PayPal Saga

Post by dyxshop »

Dear Mr. Raphael, I suggest you put such buyers directly into the blacklist :geek:

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

Yes, Mr. Feng, he is most certainly blacklisted!

Raphael

Sidewinder
Victor III

Post by Sidewinder »

"PayPal cannot guarantee the return of your merchandise if the case is found in favor of the buyer."

Did not know that Paypal were antique watch experts as well?

You no doubt have the documentation about the repair in Switzerland?

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

PayPal needs to GUARANTEE the return of your watch BEFORE they refund any money to the buyer, or they are actually facilitating the potential fraud or larceny...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

ticticdok
Victor III

Post by ticticdok »

I personally have gotten fed up with PayPal over deals like yours and all but stopped using them on my site. Surprisingly, it hasn’t affected my business except not dealing with the increased fees and headaches from PayPal. Just my “2 cents” of comments. John

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

In fact, I also use "SQUARE" to accept credit card payments directly and it is very convenient, but the one drawback is they do not accept international payments.

My watch customer (not surprisingly) has not returned the watch to me. The deadline is tomorrow (6/30) and if he doesn't provide a tracking # by then, PayPal is supposed to issue their final ruling and close the case.

Raphael

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Curt A wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:52 pm PayPal needs to GUARANTEE the return of your watch BEFORE they refund any money to the buyer, or they are actually facilitating the potential fraud or larceny...
Unfortunately, companies like eBay and the Pal have it in the user "agreement" that, by using the site, you "agree" to their terms, conditions, and decisions in these cases. This crap seems to hold up in court quite well, too.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

UPDATE: PayPal told the buyer to return the watch and gave him until June 30 to respond with a tracking number. They said they would close the case in my favor at 10:14 PM PDT on June 30 if he failed to do so. That time came and went and PayPal has done nothing.
I called them today and they said the matter was not closed because people in the “back office” are reviewing it due to the sum involved. There was nothing I could do to get PayPal to honor their own deadline.

The $5500 is still up in the air and they gave me no time frame when final resolution would happen.

Raphael

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

But at least they've decided to solve to your favor... Or si they've said. I would be patient and just keep asking for news in a few days... It doesn't look so bad. Let's hope they solve soon too a happy ending for you!
Inigo

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

Unfortunately, nothing agreed upon, promised or sworn to, means ANYTHING anymore... Even agreed upon "terms" are subject to loose interpretation and actually mean NOTHING when trying to get someone to enforce them...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife