Ebay sucks again !

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
soundgen
Victor VI

Ebay sucks again !

Post by soundgen »

Ebay sucks again ! :(

Ebay now seem to limiting the number of messages you can send in any 24 hour period ! how can they expect a business to be run on this basis , what's going on ?
Attachments
ebay mess.png

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Re: Ebay sucks again !

Post by epigramophone »

Perhaps they are short of staff to spy on messages, which they do to prevent people from exchanging contact details.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

I got that too. It was only maybe the 2nd or 3rd message I was trying to send on that day.

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

Is this happening when you send multiple messages to the same person or are the messages going to multiple people?

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

52089 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:08 am Is this happening when you send multiple messages to the same person or are the messages going to multiple people?
Multiple people, in my case.

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

I made a .jpg or .png image out of my email address and attach it to an eBay message, so that the person I am contacting can email me directly - you can also add your phone number, if desired. If you type you email address into eBay messages as text, it gets immediately rejected by their scanning software as a violation. An image file (.jpg or .png) cannot be detected, unless someone physically looks at it. I have never had a problem. You could also scan a business card and attach it to your message...
Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 12.42.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 12.42.42 PM.png (8.61 KiB) Viewed 715 times
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

Curt A wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:53 pm I made a .jpg or .png image out of my email address and attach it to an eBay message, so that the person I am contacting can email me directly - you can also add your phone number, if desired. If you type you email address into eBay messages as text, it gets immediately rejected by their scanning software as a violation. An image file (.jpg or .png) cannot be detected, unless someone physically looks at it. I have never had a problem. You could also scan a business card and attach it to your message...

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 12.42.42 PM.png
Curt,

That’s all well and good, but subjects you to suspension and possibly account cancellation in the event they catch you. If you have any sales that go into dispute, or somebody rats you out, eBay will review all of your message traffic, at which time the poop hits the fan.

Raphael

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special

Post by Curt A »

I have done this with full knowledge of the potential consequences.
For me, it doesn't matter if they cancel my account... it will just prevent further OCD behavior on my part. :roll: :lol:

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

Curt A wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:40 pm I have done this with full knowledge of the potential consequences.
For me, it doesn't matter if they cancel my account... it will just prevent further OCD behavior on my part. :roll: :lol:
Yes, but others reading this thread may not wish to put their eBay account at risk.

It is interesting that nothing in their guidelines refers to message limits.

Raphael

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special

Post by Curt A »

I agree - don't do anything to jeopardize your account, unless it doesn't make any difference to you...

My Wife