zipcord
Victor I

Victor E Rigid Arm - eBay - not mine

Post by zipcord »

Skihawx
Victor III

Re: Victor E Rigid Arm - eBay - not mine

Post by Skihawx »

It looks like a very nice machine. And Rigid Arm machines are certainly rare. I am not sure I believe the record hold down is original.

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

Skihawx wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:27 pm It looks like a very nice machine. And Rigid Arm machines are certainly rare. I am not sure I believe the record hold down is original.
I don't want disparage the listing, but also, shouldn't the rear support bracket have pin striping? I don't see any, suggesting it may be refinished.

Cheers,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

Fonotone
Victor II

Post by Fonotone »

The back-bracket on the rigid arm E did not have pinstriping, just a black enamel finish. This one on eBay looks correct. You may be thinking of the Rigid Arm R, whose back-bracket had an oxidized finish.

-- Grant
Visit TechnoGallerie -- Antique Phonographs & More

http://www.technogallerie.com

A Museum Of Science & Invention Where The Exhibits Are For Sale

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

Fonotone wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:10 am The back-bracket on the rigid arm E did not have pinstriping, just a black enamel finish. This one on eBay looks correct. You may be thinking of the Rigid Arm R, whose back-bracket had an oxidized finish.

-- Grant
Thank you for clarifying this for me, Grant.

Cheers,
Fran
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

Shawn
Victor IV
Personal Text: Its only Fun, when we're all having Fun!

Post by Shawn »

Fonotone wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:10 am The back-bracket on the rigid arm E did not have pinstriping, just a black enamel finish. This one on eBay looks correct. You may be thinking of the Rigid Arm R, whose back-bracket had an oxidized finish.

-- Grant
The Rigid Tone Arm M had pen striping, similar to that on a rear mount M. Grant is absolutely correct (as always). The R had an oxidized back bracket, the E's was painted black (though I did see one once with some striping - I could not get a close enough look to see if it was original or "Improved"). the MS was nickel plated.

Shawn
Subscribe to my music and phonograph videos at https://www.youtube.com/@Shawn_O_Phonograph

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

Shawn wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:10 pm

-- Grant
...the E's was painted black (though I did see one once with some striping - I could not get a close enough look to see if it was original or "Improved")...
Shawn
Thanks Shawn, that's why I was asking. I saw one being sold recently that had "scroll" pin striping on the base, and wondered if that is correct for the E rigid arm.

Cheers,
Fran

Shawn
Victor IV
Personal Text: Its only Fun, when we're all having Fun!

Post by Shawn »

Yep, the one I saw (not recent) I assume as a creative owners "upgrade"

Shawn
Subscribe to my music and phonograph videos at https://www.youtube.com/@Shawn_O_Phonograph

Skihawx
Victor III

Post by Skihawx »

Sold for opening bid of $1700. Rigid Arm machines do not turn up that often.