Anybody else have experience selling on Etsy?

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
Granby
Victor II
Personal Text: The Granby Phonograph Historian

Anybody else have experience selling on Etsy?

Post by Granby »

Has anybody else ever tried to sell a phonograph or a related part on Etsy? I tried last week. Whoa! :shock: They took a lot of fees (which is standard these days, I know). But, I was really bothered by the fact they would not release my money to me for several days. First, they said it would be available to me on Nov. 10... then I checked and it is now going to be "available to me" on Nov. 15th.

In addition to this fact, they also told me that they would be holding up to 75% of the funds for 45 days since I was a "new seller."

What??? :x

Guess, I'll just stick with craigslist or facebook marketplace and deal direct with my buyers.... 8-)

We are living in challenging times.... LOL

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Re: Anybody else have experience selling on Etsy?

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Etsy is a steaming heap of hot garbage of a website.

I bought 3 Victor Talking Machine horns from a seller, who sent me only 2 as "someone else wanted the other one."

On the positive side, people do sell some neat patterns & stuff on there, and you can get some very nice 3d printings there.

Granby
Victor II
Personal Text: The Granby Phonograph Historian

Re: Anybody else have experience selling on Etsy?

Post by Granby »

VanEpsFan1914 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:38 am Etsy is a steaming heap of hot garbage of a website.

I bought 3 Victor Talking Machine horns from a seller, who sent me only 2 as "someone else wanted the other one."

On the positive side, people do sell some neat patterns & stuff on there, and you can get some very nice 3d printings there.
They may be fine to buy from.... but, wow, being a "seller" has been a wild experience. I am in shock... :shock:
- Chris
Licensed Funeral Director (NC/VA) Historian, Collector, Enthusiast.....

Author of: Norfolk's Greatest Home Furnishers: The Story of Phillip Levy & Co. and The Granby Phonograph