His Master’s Voice Outside Horn Machine Marblehead Mass

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
Lucius1958
Victor VI

Re: His Master’s Voice Outside Horn Machine Marblehead Mass

Post by Lucius1958 »

Django wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:41 pm If there are no holes on the front, I would think that it’s a rebranded Victor 0. If there are holes from a tag, then it’s probably a Victor 0 in need of a replacement tag. I like the horn. I guess that a close inspection would solve the mystery.
Zooming in on the decal, I can see 4 traces of holes around it. Could the tag have been removed at the factory before export, and the holes plugged? Was the decal applied at the factory, or by the dealer at its destination? :?:

- Bill

Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

Re: His Master’s Voice Outside Horn Machine Marblehead Mass

Post by Steve »

Lucius1958 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:52 pm
Django wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:41 pm If there are no holes on the front, I would think that it’s a rebranded Victor 0. If there are holes from a tag, then it’s probably a Victor 0 in need of a replacement tag. I like the horn. I guess that a close inspection would solve the mystery.
Zooming in on the decal, I can see 4 traces of holes around it. Could the tag have been removed at the factory before export, and the holes plugged? Was the decal applied at the factory, or by the dealer at its destination? :?:

- Bill
I would say it was done at the factory. It definitely looks genuine to me.