Pooley VTLA on Facebook in Chula Vista CA

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

Re: Pooley VTLA on Facebook in Chula Vista CA

Post by Steve »

Zeppy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:17 pm If I were anywhere near the same coast as that, I would snap it up...even with the buggered up finish. $600???? I've seen much worse for much more. And it's been on Facebook for 2 weeks?
I'm not sure what, if anything, has changed in the US market recently but here in old Blighty the market appears to be returning back to a pre-1980s level for a lot of gramophone items.

Certainly this Victrola in its HMV guise would struggle to make 2 figures in the current climate!

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

The G&T/HMV contemporary of the Pooley VTLA was the Gramophone Grand. Only one of the two has aged gracefully.
If you know of one going for "2 figures" I am sure that we would all like to hear about it.
Attachments
Sheraton.jpeg
Sheraton.jpeg (51.94 KiB) Viewed 486 times

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

This sheraton style of hmv was sold in Spain named Amphion, and Gramófono credited it as being acquired by king Alfonso XIII.
Inigo

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

$600 for the flat-top Pooley model seems like an excellent deal to me too. I'm not in the market for anything like that, especially not that far away, but it is a good candidate for a very good refinishing.

Granby
Victor II
Personal Text: The Granby Phonograph Historian

Post by Granby »

Steve wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:10 am
Zeppy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:17 pm If I were anywhere near the same coast as that, I would snap it up...even with the buggered up finish. $600???? I've seen much worse for much more. And it's been on Facebook for 2 weeks?
I'm not sure what, if anything, has changed in the US market recently but here in old Blighty the market appears to be returning back to a pre-1980s level for a lot of gramophone items.

Certainly this Victrola in its HMV guise would struggle to make 2 figures in the current climate!
Prices have gotten VERY LOW in my area! The last two Victrolas I purchased could not get bids of over $30 at well advertised auctions. Granted, they were average models. But, that is a little scary. Makes me wonder what I will do when I am ready to sell.... :shock: