Very Nice Sonora in Washington on ebay

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
Django
Victor IV

Very Nice Sonora in Washington on ebay

Post by Django »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134171103320?m ... name=11021

It has a few scratches, but it’s a beautiful machine. I actually like it better than the Supreme, (don’t hate me).
Attachments
DF7922DA-9AF4-42DC-BF1F-63F7A760BAB1.jpeg
08479319-20AF-43BB-A9B8-7F6E834D7DDC.jpeg

Granby
Victor II
Personal Text: The Granby Phonograph Historian

Re: Very Nice Sonora in Washington on ebay

Post by Granby »

Neat find... I love all the original paperwork/accessories. For a slightly cheaper price, that would be a great purchase for someone in that geographic area.

Django
Victor IV

Post by Django »

Granby wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:57 pm Neat find... I love all the original paperwork/accessories. For a slightly cheaper price, that would be a great purchase for someone in that geographic area.
I would pay that if it was near me. For me, it’s more about how much I want it than how much the market thinks it’s worth. I rate that machine equal to a Victrola VV-XVIII and worth the starting price. I think that it’s especially nice in Figured American Walnut.

BillH_NJ
Victor II

Post by BillH_NJ »

If it were closer…

Granby
Victor II
Personal Text: The Granby Phonograph Historian

Post by Granby »

Django wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:47 pm
Granby wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:57 pm Neat find... I love all the original paperwork/accessories. For a slightly cheaper price, that would be a great purchase for someone in that geographic area.
I would pay that if it was near me. For me, it’s more about how much I want it than how much the market thinks it’s worth. I rate that machine equal to a Victrola VV-XVIII and worth the starting price. I think that it’s especially nice in Figured American Walnut.
I hear you! I totally understand.... I don't go on "market" value either, for hardly any of my purchases. When you live in my area and are mostly hunting off brands, most of my purchases are based on my personal desire than a true "value." I guess my comment was based on more on my conditioned "always looking for a bargain" mentality from being in the antiques business since I was age 14. But, I do try to be respectful of sellers and not take advantage, either. I guess us collectors are always looking for that middle ground. Take care, - Chris

Django
Victor IV

Post by Django »

Granby wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:31 am
Django wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:47 pm
I hear you! I totally understand.... I don't go on "market" value either, for hardly any of my purchases. When you live in my area and are mostly hunting off brands, most of my purchases are based on my personal desire than a true "value." I guess my comment was based on more on my conditioned "always looking for a bargain" mentality from being in the antiques business since I was age 14. But, I do try to be respectful of sellers and not take advantage, either. I guess us collectors are always looking for that middle ground. Take care, - Chris
Your response was fine. I was just posting my viewpoint. There is no right or wrong.

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Post by travisgreyfox »

I love this model so much. One day I would like to own one. They just ooze classiness.

Django
Victor IV

Post by Django »

Two hours left and no bids yet. Maybe some creative genius will make it into a bar. :roll:

Django
Victor IV

Post by Django »

It’s back on eBay for $100.00 less, ($699.95 starting bid).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134180302150?h ... Sw-fNizhhC