Red Columbia 100 in need of tlc

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
soundgen
Victor VI

Red Columbia 100 in need of tlc

Post by soundgen »

Red Columbia 100 in need of tlc I guess someone may be able to acquire this for a reasonable price its quite rare in red , wrong soundbox and tone arm ? though

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403728736627 ... %3A2047675
Attachments
red100.jpg

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Re: Red Columbia 100 in need of tlc

Post by epigramophone »

Comparing it with my black example, the tonearm looks correct but it's pot metal socket is broken and partially missing.
The soundbox is a Songster. It should be either a Columbia No.9 or a No.15 depending on the date of the machine.
There are two holes in the lid where the needle tin clip should be mounted, and the lid stay appears to be missing.
The autobrake assembly is also missing.

The missing parts will not be easy to source, but the real problem is the damaged and incomplete tonearm socket.

Phono48
Victor IV

Post by Phono48 »

I've got the autobrake, soundbox, needle tin clip. and everything else to replace the missing parts, because so far, I've scrapped three 100s, all for the want of a complete arm socket, but much as I love these "biscuit tin" machines, I don't need another one to scrap, especially at that price! The lid stay is there, you can just see it laying beside the turntable in the first photo, but the arm retaining clip is also missing.

Barry

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

It's very tired for such a price... In our Sunday flea market I've seen them for this price in good condition.
Inigo