Victrola VV-130

Post by travisgreyfox »

Attachments
01313_hDqiS54UYfez_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

Phono-Phan
Victor V

Re: Victrola VV-130

Post by Phono-Phan »

Not a bad price for that model in that condition. It looks really nice and the record albums and paperwork are a bonus.

outune
Victor IV

Post by outune »

I agree it's a good price for the machine- But there is one "curiosity". They show a picture of the Victrola Decal, inside the lid. But that picture shows the decal against an oak lid. Obviously the machine isn't oak.

Brad Abell

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

I agree it's a good price for the machine- But there is one "curiosity". They show a picture of the Victrola Decal, inside the lid. But that picture shows the decal against an oak lid. Obviously the machine isn't oak.
I was thinking exactly the same thing when I looked at all the photos. I'd suggest "buyer beware" and ask many questions.

Jerry B.

Phono-Phan
Victor V

Post by Phono-Phan »

outune wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:37 pm I agree it's a good price for the machine- But there is one "curiosity". They show a picture of the Victrola Decal, inside the lid. But that picture shows the decal against an oak lid. Obviously the machine isn't oak.

Brad Abell
Good catch Brad. I would have to agree with Jerry to ask a lot of questions. A good deal if legit.

Henry
Victor V

Post by Henry »

As Brad has pointed out, it's evident that this machine isn't oak. Maybe the seller wanted to show the VTMCo badge but couldn't get a decent shot of it, so found this photo somewhere and used it instead. Question is, why bother? It does raise the specter of misrepresentation. And to what purpose?