Such A Deal!

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
Raphael
Victor IV

Re: Such A Deal!

Post by Raphael »

Made him an offer close to the asking price. He accepted the offer. I then left the negative feedback and reported him to eBay.

I see he’s already relisted it.

Raphael

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

Raphael wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:14 pm Made him an offer close to the asking price. He accepted the offer. I then left the negative feedback and reported him to eBay.

I see he’s already relisted it.

Raphael
I've left offers on 2 items a few days ago. When the offers were accepted, the payment went through automatically, without any further action from me. A new thing apparently.

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

I think that's an option in your settings. In any event, I had a long talk with an eBay rep about this, went through all the details and various seller ID's, etc. She is turning all the info over to their fraud department and hopefully will put an end to this, at least temporarily.

Raphael

TinfoilPhono
Victor IV

Post by TinfoilPhono »

Thanks for taking the trouble to actually find a human at eBay. I'm sure that wasn't easy to do. I hope they actually pay attention and do something. I've reported this scammer repeatedly, as have others, but eBay has obviously done absolutely nothing despite the fraud being so blatant.

soundgen
Victor VI

Post by soundgen »

Still on Ebay and leaving himself stupid feedback :D

Best ebayer...Some seller did distract me that this is fraud..these also did wrong negative feedback on this genuine person profile.they all are doing it in jelaousy.They also did distract me..That is why I am giving my genuine feedback here.. because it should not be any wrong thing with genuine person.. Please don't distract by these .Best seller.. communication is best..Item is best in quality..come in time..I am very happy..I did judge myself this awesome person...

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

Despite my protracted discussions with eBay the other day, and their promise to get their fraud department engaged with this, I am being hounded by eBay to pay for my “purchase”. I may have to invest another hour or so on the phone with them this afternoon, in lieu of my nap.

Raphael

Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

Post by Steve »

Raphael wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:39 am Despite my protracted discussions with eBay the other day, and their promise to get their fraud department engaged with this, I am being hounded by eBay to pay for my “purchase”. I may have to invest another hour or so on the phone with them this afternoon, in lieu of my nap.

Raphael
It sounds to me like you're fighting fire with fire, sorry to say. Ebay will likely only be interested in the fact that you're not an honest buyer who is winning auctions and then deciding not to pay. Im not suggesting for a moment youre not an honest person but we're talking about Ebay, a monolithic wall of indifference which can only discriminate along the narrow lines it chooses to place on the marketplace. To them you are the villain. I gave up years ago trying to find anyone on Ebay who will listen to serious reports about fraudulent listings. It just doesn't care but presumably relies on the feedback and PayPal buyer protection schemes to protect buyers and to let the fraudulent listings sort themselves out.

Have you tried going direct to the police or online fraud crime units? I'm sure Ebay would cooperate with them if the heat gets turned up a little?

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

I actually tried that a few years back on a fraudulent Regina Hexaphone listing originating in CA. Details can be found in the TMF archives. The police (as well as eBay) did nothing other than to document my report.

I learned a long time ago not to throw good money after bad; at this stage of my life my time gets more valuable to me seemingly by the day. So instead of wasting any more nap time tilting at windmills, I'm just going to begin Happy Hour 30 minutes earlier each day going forward.

As for eBay, well, as I do with other subjects and posts, I just try to keep the collecting community up to date on policies and pitfalls. eBay isn't going to suspend me for non-payment of one item, and if they do, well, Happy Hour may just begin even earlier each day.

Raphael

JeffR1
Victor III

Post by JeffR1 »

Here's my latest offer, the last offer of 5.00$ was declined.
He lowered his by-it-now-price too.

:P
Attachments
Offer.PNG

soundgen
Victor VI

Post by soundgen »

I've bought it twice ! :D
Attachments
gram 2 spoof.png