Online estate sale Cheyenne WY

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Re: Online estate sale Cheyenne WY

Post by JerryVan »

Steve wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:20 am It seems they do ship internationally but the shipping at 265 USD is simply cost prohibitive. Going back a few years now I used to buy machines from the US and don't recall ever paying that much, even for two box shipments. Does this seem right?
Ouch! Since his domestic shipping rate appears very reasonable, I'm led to believe that his Int'l. rate is not inflated, at least not by him.

Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

Post by Steve »

JerryVan wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:22 pm
Steve wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:20 am It seems they do ship internationally but the shipping at 265 USD is simply cost prohibitive. Going back a few years now I used to buy machines from the US and don't recall ever paying that much, even for two box shipments. Does this seem right?
Ouch! Since his domestic shipping rate appears very reasonable, I'm led to believe that his Int'l. rate is not inflated, at least not by him.
Yes, I have been quoted over 200 USD recently from a couple of other sellers on US Ebay for the same machine but then there's a VV-255 for sale with shipping at "only" 90 USD. Is the VV-50 more than double the weight of a VV-255? I'm not certain it necessarily follows that the price increases in line with the weight when you get to a certain band?

poodling around
Victor V

Post by poodling around »

JerryVan wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:18 pm
poodling around wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:59 am
JerryVan wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:45 am

Here's a nice one. Don't know if he ships Int'l.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/235012365687?h ... R66k_ZSFYg
Hi Jerry.

Do you think that the turntable felt is original I wonder ? ..... and the Lime green colour is an original colour ?
I believe the felt is original.
Thank you Jerry

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Steve wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:39 pm
Yes, I have been quoted over 200 USD recently from a couple of other sellers on US Ebay for the same machine but then there's a VV-255 for sale with shipping at "only" 90 USD. Is the VV-50 more than double the weight of a VV-255? I'm not certain it necessarily follows that the price increases in line with the weight when you get to a certain band?
If you can get me dimensions, weight, and destination/ postal code I can see what "Pirate Ship" says. They are usually really reasonable. The problem with eBay is that they are now shoving their "global shipping program" down everyone's throats so they can skim off the inflated rates.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

Steve
Victor VI

Post by Steve »

gramophone-georg wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:48 pm
Steve wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:39 pm

If you can get me dimensions, weight, and destination/ postal code I can see what "Pirate Ship" says. They are usually really reasonable. The problem with eBay is that they are now shoving their "global shipping program" down everyone's throats so they can skim off the inflated rates.
Well, I can certainly give you my dimensions and weight but i'm not going through the post, but as for the machines, I'd be shooting in the dark! :lol:

Maybe someone with a VV-50 could chime in with the information and I'll PM you the rest.

Many thanks for your offer of help!

CarlosV
Victor IV

Post by CarlosV »

Steve wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:49 pm
Maybe someone with a VV-50 could chime in with the information and I'll PM you the rest.
Here it is:
H: 8 ¾ inch
W: 12 inch + 1 ¾ inch for the handle (it can be unscrewed)
D: 17 ¾ inch including locking mechanism

Steve
Victor VI

Post by Steve »

CarlosV wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:46 am
Steve wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:49 pm
Here it is:
H: 8 ¾ inch
W: 12 inch + 1 ¾ inch for the handle (it can be unscrewed)
D: 17 ¾ inch including locking mechanism
Thank you, Carlos, that's very helpful. Have you any idea what the weight is? Thanks.

CarlosV
Victor IV

Post by CarlosV »

Steve wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:26 am
Thank you, Carlos, that's very helpful. Have you any idea what the weight is? Thanks.
My guess is some 10 kg or so. It is lighter than a Columbia 113.

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

My first model VV-50 (front crank) in oak weighs in a 11.35kg. Just a tad heavier than today's portable music devices :lol: Still my favorite portable, but it is large and heavy.

Andreas

Steve
Victor VI

Post by Steve »

Can anyone please share what the internal horn looks like? I've seen a picture somewhere and it looked like a heart shaped bi-furcated casting which opens into the rear of the case? Is that right or did they have different horns during the long production run? I've seen photos of some versions with a complete horn casting into the rear of the case. Now that must be even heavier! I wonder what benefit there was by omitting that section, apart from weight?