Like it ? It is cute though !

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
poodling around
Victor V

Like it ? It is cute though !

Post by poodling around »

I thought I would squeeze this into this section, as I suppose there is a gramophone in there some-where and I like it (strange but true).

You see, in my vivid imagination, I think, 'Was this from a 1930's Christmas Fayre with lots of stalls', or maybe from a gramophone shop window display at Christmas time ?'. Half the fun is not knowing perhaps ............

....... and it is being sold by Jake Score ! I don't know him but I really like the name !

Anyway: interesting or what ? I only wish he had included a video of it working.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204344063590 ... R_Tw3eiHYg
Attachments
folkart.jpg

Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

Re: Like it ? It is cute though !

Post by Steve »

poodling around wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:50 am I thought I would squeeze this into this section, as I suppose there is a gramophone in there some-where and I like it (strange but true).

You see, in my vivid imagination, I think, 'Was this from a 1930's Christmas Fayre with lots of stalls', or maybe from a gramophone shop window display at Christmas time ?'. Half the fun is not knowing perhaps ............

....... and it is being sold by Jake Score ! I don't know him but I really like the name !

Anyway: interesting or what ? I only wish he had included a video of it working.

Jakescore has an entire thread dedicated to him on here. Check it out.

I learnt today he knows Howard Hope and used to visit his shop way back in the day when Craig Feek was a wee young 'un. He's roughly in Howard's area so that's not totally surprising but he seems to have been quiet until fairly recently on fleabay. He's in God's Country as far as gramophones go so I assume he's busy cleaning up everything now that Howard and Dave Smith are more or less retired from it all?

Dave Smith was not seen today at RetroTech so the grump factor was lower in the hall! Howard was missing too which I take to assume he doesn't have much left to sell anymore. Craig's got it all I think! :?

poodling around
Victor V

Post by poodling around »

Steve wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 3:18 pm
poodling around wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:50 am I thought I would squeeze this into this section, as I suppose there is a gramophone in there some-where and I like it (strange but true).

I learnt today he knows Howard Hope and used to visit his shop way back in the day when Craig Feek was a wee young 'un. He's roughly in Howard's area so that's not totally surprising but he seems to have been quiet until fairly recently on fleabay. He's in God's Country as far as gramophones go so I assume he's busy cleaning up everything now that Howard and Dave Smith are more or less retired from it all?

Dave Smith was not seen today at RetroTech so the grump factor was lower in the hall! Howard was missing too which I take to assume he doesn't have much left to sell anymore. Craig's got it all I think! :?
Interesting. The whole thing sounds like a 'Sons Of Anarchy' turf war episode !

Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

Post by Steve »

poodling around wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 3:57 pm
Steve wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 3:18 pm

Interesting. The whole thing sounds like a 'Sons Of Anarchy' turf war episode !

Well I had a very interesting face to face conversation with a member from here today who I shall warmly refer to as the fresh young face of the future of British gramophone collecting. He will know who I'm referring to if he reads this but it was a pleasure to meet him and his partner who both appear to be as passionate as each other about the hobby. Happy days all around.

When I noted that there were a few of us now who know each other but were effectively bidding against each other on those rarely seen interesting lots that turn up on Ebay, the idea that we could make an informal bidding pact came up. Needless to say I had flashbacks to a time when there was a furious debate online over whether dealer A was in a ring with dealers B and C. The funniest thing was when a copy of the sale brochure for The Lost Street Museum auction in 1997 came on for sale on Ebay complete with handwritten evidence proving what we already knew: scribble suggesting that dealer A owed dealer B £40 for B agreeing to pull out of some lots and vice versa on various lots appeared on page after page! :lol: