Stanton’s Spring 2024 Music Machine Auction

Post links to auctions and classifieds here

Victrola-Monkey
Victor III

Re: Stanton’s Spring 2024 Music Machine Auction

Post by Victrola-Monkey »

Hi folks,

The gallery of photos for Stanton's Spring Auction really appears to offer some great machines, including my entire collection of portable suitcase phonographs and ship speakers.

The reason for this post however is to give you an opportunity to see all the Victrola and Electrola rare and hard to find parts, as well as other small items, that will also be available, in plenty of time to make travel plans. Most of these parts won't be in the Stanton's Catalog and may not be in the live online auction. They will be available on auctionzip that Stanton's runs a few weeks before and up to the end of the live auction and in the "back room" auction.

I have attached two Videos that are essentially slideshows of the items to be auctioned and the two associated lists. Attached additionally is the list of the portables, ship speakers, and a few machines. The pictures and lists both have item numbers, however Stanton's will use a completely different numbering scheme. The videos go fast, so be ready to use your pause button.

6 minute Video of items from List 3 - Parts, Books, & Decor:
[YouTube]https://youtu.be/3TYsEmgJUvE[/YouTube]

3 minute Video of items from List 2 - Changers, Amps, Speakers, & Receivers:
[YouTube]https://youtu.be/N_AJUcu3dRQ[/YouTube]

Enjoy and good luck!
Attachments
List 3 - Parts Books Decor.pdf
(252.21 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
List 2 - Changers Amps Spkrs Receivers.pdf
(127.72 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
List 1 - Machines ShipSpeakers Portables.pdf
(114.75 KiB) Downloaded 77 times

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

Are the AP-997 amplifiers restored or as-is?

Victrola-Monkey
Victor III

Correction made below: The restored amps are the two AP-947A amps, not AP-947 amps.

The only amps restored, are the two AP-947A amps and were done with extreme effort to match the originals (complete rewire with cloth wire, restuffing the can capacitors, using matching ceramic tube resistors, etc), though the amp covers were never repainted. The other amps being auctioned are in original condition and untested, as are all the tubes offered with all the amps. The two AP-947A amps were restored at the same time as two others I did that went into two VE9-55 changer machines I restored. The history of these rebuilds can be seen at the TMF post "Restoring the VE 9-55 and VE 9-25 Amplifiers":

[thead]viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40092[/thead]

Just like to summarize which Tomcats (black AP amps) go with what machines, that can be found in List 3:

AP-947 (Borgia2, VE9-40, VE15-1)
AP-947A (VE9-25. VE9-55)
AP-951 (Model 104 Spkr)
AP-952 (VE10-51, VE12-12, VE12-25)
AP-997 (VE8-60)

And since we're on the subject, I like to point out some of the parts that are available:

1) My complete supply of pot metal part aluminum replacements (including the sand molds), as well as many other hard to obtain original parts, for the machines listed above. The history on the development of those replacement parts can be found by researching my post from around 5 years ago.

2) Though the offering of Victor Victrola and Electrola parts is large, there also are some nice Edison, Pathé' Actuell, Capehart, Wurlitzer, Magnavox, and RCA Victor items too, including a beautiful blue glass horn.

3) There are 5 additional AP amps that were mistakenly taken to Stantons. Two were previously restored with modern caps and the orginal cap cans were removed, one being an AP-952 that Chuck had restored and not sure what model the others were. At this point I believe, it is an open project to figure out what models they are and to make them available for auction. There may be more to come on that subject.

Victrola-Monkey
Victor III

I am posting two new lists that have the Stanton's lot numbers that will be in the Spring 2024 Music Machine Auction catalog that correspond with the numbers you see on the photos in the video slideshows and Lists 1 thru 3, I previously provided.

Items in these two new lists will be available for biding on LiveAuctioneers.com, Live, and on the phone.

"Lot Numbers List A" will be part of the regular auction and "Lot Numbers List B" will be part of the live auction Thursday afternoon.

I will provide "Item Numbers List C" later once I get it, that will provide the item numbers of all the remaining parts, books, decor, amps, changers, speakers, and receivers. These items will be on AuctionZip but no online bidding of these items will be available. Only live or over the phone bidding will be available. This live auction will be held Friday afternoon.

A little confusing, but knowing gives you the edge.
Attachments
Lot Numbers List A -Stantons Live & LiveAuctioneers -Machines ShipSpeakers Portables.pdf
(126.65 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Lot Numbers List B -Stantons Live & LiveAuctioneers -Parts Books & Decor.pdf
(140.44 KiB) Downloaded 47 times

gramophone-georg
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

WAYNE!! :D Good to see you around!
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

WAYNE!! :D Good to see you around!
I agree with George. Hope you are doing well.

Jerry B.

Victrola-Monkey
Victor III

Thanks George and Jerry. Hope you all are doing well too. It's time for me to let it all go. I hoping my parts will resolve the needs of a lot of TMF members' projects.

George, I also hope that Jon did you right in restoring your RAE 84. Did you notice the RAE 84 shaped puzzle box in the video, #41? And the three RAE 84 advertisements #82-13?

Ben the phono man
Victor II
Personal Text: Genuine New Jersey Native

Post by Ben the phono man »

Victrola-Monkey wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:53 pm Thanks George and Jerry. Hope you all are doing well too. It's time for me to let it all go. I hoping my parts will resolve the needs of a lot of TMF members' projects.

George, I also hope that Jon did you right in restoring your RAE 84. Did you notice the RAE 84 shaped puzzle box in the video, #41? And the three RAE 84 advertisements #82-13?
Awesome to see you around as well! I'm friends with Bill Daugherty (upstate NY) who bought one of your 9-55 conversions a while back, and more recently, I found a nice deal on a complete, original 9-55 that I have yet to pick up!
- Ben

Victrola-Monkey
Victor III

Ben,

Thanks. Good to hear of your VE9-55 purchase and that it's complete. I'm sure you are aware that there are a lot of pot metal parts in them that go bad (changer parts, turntable if its not a steel one, and the antenna arm gear). As you may have seen, all those replaceable parts and much more VE9-55 items will be available in Stanton's Spring Auction.

Good luck and say hi to Bill for me.