FOR SALE: 78-ish RPM Records- Various Prices- OFFERS!

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

FOR SALE: 78-ish RPM Records- Various Prices- OFFERS!

Post by gramophone-georg »

Here's a nice little batch of records I'm offering for sale. Sorry about the glare on some- if you want better pics of something you are considering, PM me. Sorry about the sideways images- I can't get them to correct no matter what. They are right side up in my PC photo gallery.

A NOTE ON PRICES: I price my records at what I consider to be a decent deal based on 50 years of buying and selling records. That does NOT mean you can't make offers- you never know what I may do, LOL. All I can do is say no, esp. if you want to buy multiples.

So, without further ado:

1. Victor V-40028, KAY KYSER and his Orchestra, "Tell Her" / "Broken Dreams Of Yesterday". Visual V+ to E-, plays great. No. 28 of the Victor V-40000 series which was designated for "western" and "territory band" records. This is Kyser's FIRST record from Nov. 1928, and, as happens, somewhat different from what later became standard Kyser fare. $50.00 now $35.00

2.Splendor 5574, "In The Field" / "Summer's Roses", Tafarella's Orchestra (Italian specialty recording) Unknown label, electrical recordings, pressed either by Plaza Group or Grey Gull, I think. Only one I have ever seen. Visual E to E-, plays that or better. $20.00 now $15.00

3. Bluebird STAFF B-7853- Glenn Miller and his Orchestra, "My Reverie" / "King Porter Stomp". Glenn's first Victor session from 1938. It didn't sell well at first, but did better as Glenn's other records became top sellers, so Victor kept it in the catalog for a number of years. It's tough enough to find on the gold or silver print circular label, but THIS is the original Staff, and thus super rare. Visual E to E+, plays astonishingly well. $35.00 now $25.00

4. Victor "Higher Fidelity" Demo, D-15, Tommy Dorsey and his Orchestra, "Who?" / "Song Of India". This is a great listen on its regular issue, but on this higher fidelity version Bunny's trumpet solo on "Who?" cuts like a knife and will let you know if your main spring is weak! Visual E-, plays that or better. $25.00 now $15.00

5. Royal Blue Columbia 2879-D, Ben Pollack Orch. "Swing Out"/ "Deep Jungle". Great killer- diller early Swing sides from 1933 and a great collaboration between Pollack and Wingy Mannone! Visual E, plays better. $45.00 now $35.00

6. Gennett Personal Recording Dept., no number, Joe Kayser orchestra "Everybody Step" / "Somewhere In Naples". Possible Frank Trumbauer on C-melody sax, listed in Rust as "rejected" but they obviously pressed a few copies. Recorded in Richmond, Indiana in 1922. This is the only record this band ever made. Visual V+, plays that or better depending on what you play it on. Impossibly rare. $100.00 now $75.00
Attachments
IMG_0855.JPG
IMG_0854.JPG
IMG_0853.JPG
IMG_0852.JPG
IMG_0851.JPG
IMG_0850.JPG
IMG_0848.JPG
IMG_0847.JPG
IMG_0846.JPG
IMG_0845.JPG
IMG_0843.JPG
IMG_0844.JPG
Last edited by gramophone-georg on Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Re: FOR SALE: 78-ish RPM Records- Various Prices

Next group:

7. OKeh 40986, Fred "Sugar" Hall and his Sugar Babies: "Look In The Mirror" / "Plenty Of Sunshine". Arthur Fields vocals. This is the same band that recorded as "Arthur Fields and his Assassinators" for Edison, only the OKeh sides are hotter, IMO. This is a great early fusion of "old time singin' and playin' " and hot jazz. Visual V+ to E-, plays about E or better with some minor clicks due to surface scratches. $45.00 now $35.00

8. Herschel Gold Seal 2014, Elmer Grosso Orch., "Mother Dear" / "If Tears Could Bring You Back To Me". The Gennett New Electrobeam pressings of these sides are tough enough, this coupling and label is impossibly rare. Visual V+, plays about E- due to noise from crappy shellac. $75.00 now $60.00

9. Columbia 35301, Benny Goodman Orchestra, "Let's Dance" / "Boy Meets Horn". Later silver print label with "Let's Dance" denoted as "theme song", but original matrix pressings and E+ condition. $15.00 now $10.00

10. Publix (Paramount Pictures) 1063-P, "The Paramounteers" (Lanin or maybe Selvin?) "If I can't Have You" / "I May Be Wrong". E+ that plays fantastic with superb labels. Columbia issued these promotional exploitation records for Paramount (and also MGM!) through their Harmony/ Diva/ Velvet Tone division. If my hearsay evidence is correct these were given away at a movie's opening premier in the lobby, usually in NYC. $75.00 now $50.00 SOLD!

11. OKeh 41038, Billy Hays and his (Cathay) Orchestra, "I'd Rather Cry Over You" / "Get Out And Get Under The Moon". Hays' records are a rare treat. This one is V+ that plays better. An edge chip (both sides) and lam crack ("Moon" side) do not affect play. $35.00 now $25.00

12. Silvertone "Truphonic Recording" 8312, Carl Fenton's Orchestra (as "Silvertone Melody Men"), "Orange Blossom Home" / "You're The Cream In My Coffee". Great uptempo versions of both tunes. This is Ruby Greenberg as Carl Fenton, not Gus Haenschen. Visual E-, plays E or better, and well worth the price of admission! $25.00 now $15.00
Attachments
IMG_0842.JPG
IMG_0841.JPG
IMG_0840.JPG
IMG_0839.JPG
IMG_0838.JPG
IMG_0837.JPG
IMG_0836.JPG
IMG_0832.JPG
IMG_0831.JPG
IMG_0830.JPG
IMG_0829.JPG
IMG_0828.JPG
Last edited by gramophone-georg on Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Re: FOR SALE: 78-ish RPM Records- Various Prices

Last group for now:

1. Columbia 14141-D, Dixie Washboard Band with Shufflin' Sam: "You For Me, Me For You" / "My Own Blues" Visual E-, plays E+. Great! $100.00 now $75.00

2. Victor 21119, Paul Whiteman Orch., "Whiteman Stomp" / "Sensation Stomp". Possibly Whiteman's hottest pre Bix record. This one's a beautiful copy, too. Visual E+ that plays as new. $35.00 now $25.00

3 a. Victor 23008, Bix Beiderbecke and his Orchestra, "I Don't Mind Walkin' In The Rain" / "I'll Be A Friend With Pleasure", one of the two final Bix discs. Visual E-, plays E or better, $75.00 now $60.00

3 b. Victor 23018, "Wasting My Love On You" Joe Venuti orch./ "Deep Down South", Bix Beiderbecke and his Orchestra. This is a red hot side you can find on my "tramandbixrule" You Tube channel. This is the companion record to 23008 above, with "Deep Down" being the final Bix side of the final session. Visual V+ to E-, plays great. Please note there is a needle drop/ dig on the Venuti side about ⅔ through that ticks twice but passes on my Dual 1009 but hangs on my 10-50. You want the Bix side anyways. Benny Goodman, Gene Krupa, Tommy Dorsey, Venuti and Lang are on the Bix sides! $75.00 now $60.00

****Bundle 3a and 3b for $125.00**** now $100.00

4. Victor 25633, Hal Kemp Orchestra, "Remember Me?" / "Am I In Love?". Super clean near mint copy of this classic Kemp disc from 1937! It doesn't get any better! $15.00 now $10.00

5. DARK BLUE SHELLAC Vocalion 7626, Hal Kemp Orchesta, "The Touch Of Your Lips" / "Lost". Rare dark blue West Coast pressing from the brief period in 1936 when Brunswick and Columbia were using up the rest of the Royal Blue shellac by mixing it with black just on the West Coast! Visual E-, plays better. $30.00 now
Attachments
IMG_0827.JPG
IMG_0826.JPG
IMG_0825.JPG
IMG_0824.JPG
IMG_0823.JPG
IMG_0822.JPG
IMG_0821.JPG
IMG_0820.JPG
IMG_0819.JPG
IMG_0818.JPG

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Re: FOR SALE: 78-ish RPM Records- Various Prices- REDUCED

REDUCED PRICES- MAKE OFFERS- PAYPAL "Friends and Family" OK!!! Buy like your wife ain't watching, as my old friend George Paulus used to say.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Re: FOR SALE: 78-ish RPM Records- Various Prices- OFFERS!

The Paramount "Publix" is sold- FEEL FREE TO MAKE OFFERS ON THE REMAINING RECORDS- Thanks!

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Re: FOR SALE: 78-ish RPM Records- Various Prices- OFFERS!

Seriously? No offers even? Last chance!