FOR SALE: Victor Program Transcriptions- OFFERS!

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

FOR SALE: Victor Program Transcriptions- OFFERS!

Post by gramophone-georg »

I'm starting to sell off some of my duplicate Program Transcriptions. These are the "experimental" LPs Victor offered from 1930-34 and play at 33 ⅓ RPM.

1. L-16002, Popular Selections, Paul Whiteman and his Orchestra, 10", shellac, single- face with Victor embossed design on the back. Visual E-, plays that or better, writing on label. Bonus tattered original sleeve. $60.00 SOLD!

2. L-11604, Peer Gynt Suite (Grieg), side 1 Victor Symphony Orchestra, dir. Josef Pasternak, side 2 London Symphony Orchestra, dir. Eugene Goosens. Visual E with minor surface scuffs. Note that this is a VICTROLAC (early vinyl- like flexi lacquer compound) and should NOT be played with steel or Tungs Tone needles. Victor recommended "Orange Chromium" needles for these. I have played them with a regular Green chromium on my 331 Duo, but it's likely safest to play on a more modern turntable using the 78 RPM stylus. $45.00

3. L-35001 and L-35002, Paul Whiteman Concert Orchestra, Grofe's "Grand Canyon Suite", parts 1-4. These are Victrolac pressings again, so the cautions above apply here. These are visual E that play great. Very slight rough start Side 4, almost not worth mentioning. Stickers/ writing on labels as shown. This was the premier recording of this piece- if memory serves this issue was NOT dubbed from the 78 RPM set; rather, it was recorded at the same time using different lathes.

$100/ both
Attachments
IMG_0856.JPG
IMG_0857.JPG
IMG_0862.JPG
IMG_0863.JPG
IMG_0858.JPG
IMG_0859.JPG
IMG_0860.JPG
IMG_0861.JPG
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Re: FOR SALE: Victor Program Transcriptions- OFFERS!

The Whiteman disc is SOLD- FEEL FREE TO SUBMIT OFFERS ON THE REMAINING RECORDS- thanks much!

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Re: FOR SALE: Victor Program Transcriptions- OFFERS!

Bump