FOR SALE: Early Berliner 7" Records - Various

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
FellowCollector
Victor IV

FOR SALE: Early Berliner 7" Records - Various

Post by FellowCollector »

Here's a couple more American Berliner Gramophone 7-inch records from my collection for your consideration.

I have played each of these through on my modern turntable and have included details and comments as I felt appropriate for each.

USPS Media Mail shipping is extra and at USPS cost. PM with interest. PayPal Friends and Family payment preferred. Packaged securely. Shipped within 2 business days of receiving payment. Thanks.

Doug

1. {SOLD} O454 H "HUNTER'S FAREWELL BY THE SCHUBERT BRASS QUARTET" recorded Aug 15, 1899. Absolutely STUNNING recording for a Berliner record. Crisp, clear and simply amazing from start to finish! Scattered very light surface scuffs. $140

2. {SOLD} 125 "WEARING OF THE GREEN PLAYED BY THE BANDA ROSSA NEW YORK" *Likely recorded 1898 --BUT-- could be as early as 1895 since other Berliner catalog numbers near this one were recorded in 1895* Plays great start to finish. Scattered light scratches and scuffs $125

3. 61 V "STARS AND STRIPED FOREVER PLAYED BY SOUSA'S BAND" "Henry Higgins Sousa's Band" handwritten on label. Recorded in 1897. One stressed groove hangs on my modern turntable otherwise this is a stunning record. ***Interesting NOTE: the recording begins at a rather slow "pace" then, apparently the Berliner recording engineer that day realized the recording would be too slow so he made an adjustment while recording and the sound speeds up for a minute or so and then settles back to normal!!! $75
Attachments
IMG_5862.JPG
IMG_5861.JPG
IMG_5859.JPG
IMG_5857.JPG
IMG_5864.JPG
IMG_5863.JPG