Are These Worth Anythng?

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
tictalk
Victor II

Are These Worth Anythng?

Post by tictalk »

I purchased a phonograph this week and it had several records with it that I had not seen before, I am not a record collector so these could be of no value, what do you think do they have any value? There was also some Banner and Appollo records with it. Thanks Larry
Attachments
IMG_0496.JPG
IMG_0497.JPG
IMG_0498.JPG

Victor VI

Re: Are These Worth Anythng?

Post by 52089 »

I would value the Columbia advertising record at a couple of bucks. Common, but some of us like these as a collecting specialty.

The Harding record is usually around $30 in excellent condition, but yours looks like it has seen better days. I would say $15-$20 tops.

No way to comment on your Banner or Apollo records without knowing what they are. Both labels have desirable titles and "junk".

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

I'd say those are some really neat records that I'd have bought in a heartbeat.

As for Banners & Apollos, I'd say they're pretty great 1920s stuff generally; even the "junk" gets played around here. Have fun.

What kind of phonograph were they in?

tictalk
Victor II

Post by tictalk »

VanEpsFan1914 wrote:I'd say those are some really neat records that I'd have bought in a heartbeat.

As for Banners & Apollos, I'd say they're pretty great 1920s stuff generally; even the "junk" gets played around here. Have fun.

What kind of phonograph were they in?
They were in a Puritan Phonograph, there was several Hebrew Records , some Uncle Josh etc.
Attachments
IMG_0513.jpg
IMG_0511.JPG
IMG_0510.JPG
IMG_0509.JPG
IMG_0508.JPG
IMG_0507.JPG

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

The Hebrew/Yiddish records are pretty desirable. Casey at the Bat is also a good title.

And of course the Puritan is also a very desirable "off-brand" machine.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Beautiful phonograph! Hard to find a room that would match it, but that thing definitely is a statement.

What do they sound like restored? Do they work best in a big or small room? The horn on the bottom seems like it would be interesting over a hard floor.

tictalk
Victor II

Post by tictalk »

VanEpsFan1914 wrote:Beautiful phonograph! Hard to find a room that would match it, but that thing definitely is a statement.

What do they sound like restored? Do they work best in a big or small room? The horn on the bottom seems like it would be interesting over a hard floor.
It actually sounds pretty good and very loud, with the horn on the bottom of the machine , the horn actually measures 48" long. Maybe that was Puritans intent? Thanks for your input on the records VanEpsFan and 52089.

dzavracky
Victor IV
Personal Text: college collector

Post by dzavracky »

NICE machine! I wish I had bought one just like that when it popped up on Craigslist near me :roll: