FOR SALE- Records (Various) prices are negotiable

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
dzavracky
Victor IV
Personal Text: college collector

FOR SALE- Records (Various) prices are negotiable

Post by dzavracky »

I am out of space and have no money haha, so now is the perfect reason to go through the collection and try to sell all the duplicates! I am unfamiliar with how the grading system works, but I will give them my best shot. I can send pictures if needed to confirm condition of the record. I understand these records really aren't sought after, but here they are :lol: Ill ship them in the sleeves they are in (most have sleeves but some do not), which are just brown paper sleeves.

Let me know if you have any questions. Also if someone can send me good information on how to ship records that would be great. I have never shipped a record before. Ill ship them with Media Mail.

12 Inch Records

VICTOR (RED LABEL) (ONE SIDED)

Carry me back to old Virginny - Alma Gluck and Male Chorus (74420) E ($10)
The Rosary- Ernestine Schumann-Heink (88108) VG ($10)
One sweetly Solemn Though- Ernestine Schumann- Heink (88549) E ($10)
Aloha Oe- Alma Gluck- (74534)VG ($10)
Tosca Vissi d'arte- Frances ALda (74400)VG+ ($10)

VICTOR BLACK LABEL

Grand Canyon Suite - Paul Whiteman and his Orchestra(3 copies, all in almost mint condition) ($10 each)

VICTROLA (mostly one sided)
Carry me back to old virginny- Alma Gluck and Male Chorus (74420) E+ ($15) (Has victor pressed on back)
Good-bye- Evan Williams / Oh dry those tears (6313) E ($10)
Espana Rapsodie- Philadelphia Symphony Orch (74621)E ($10)
Samson et Dalila- Bacchanale- Philadelphia Symphony Orch (74671) E+ ($10)
On Wings of song- Jascha Heifetz (74583) E but label has damage ($10)
La Ronde des Lutins- Jascha Heifetz (74570) 2 copies both in E+ shape ($10 each)
Romance (Wieniawski)- Jascha Heifetz (74600) E+ ($10)

10 inch records

SAVOY
The Huckle-Buck- Paul Williams (683-A)/ Hoppin' John- Paul Williams(683-B)E+ ($15)
Twilight in Terehan/ Sing Street- Buck Rams All Stars (572) E ($15)

COLUMBIA

Prelude in C sharp minor/ Baracolle - Franke Carle (35573) E ($7) -(This one and the one below go in an album called AT THE PIANO)
Sweet Lorraine/ twelth street rag- Frankie Carle (35572) E ($7)
Laroo Larro Lilli Bolero/ Someone Cares- Frankie Carle E ($7)

BRUNSWICK (Black and Gold Label)

Ah Sweet mystery of life/ Ramona- Brunwswick Hour Orchestra E ($10)
Hot, Hot, Hottentot/ Hes the Hottest man in town (Bennie Krueger's Orchestra) good ($3)
For old times sake/ Just like a Melody out of the sky (Nick Lucas)- VG ($5)
the pal that I loved (stole the gal that I loved)/ at the end of the sunset trail- (The Radio Franks) VG($5)
Sing another chorus please/She went to Havanna- Earl Burtnett VG ($5)
Sleepy Valley/ My Dear- (Regent Club Orchestra)VG+ ($7)
You were meant for me/Broadway Melody- (Earl Burtnett) VG+ ($7)

APOLLO
Caravan/Darktown Strutter's ball- Charlie Barnet and his Orchestra (2 copies in E+ condition) ($10)

12 inch albums

Beethoven Symphony NO.3 (EROCIA) on the Columbia Masterwork label with Bruno Walter conducting. The physical album is in decent shape, but the records at E+ ($10)
The music of Victor Herbet (Andre Kostelanetz and his Orch) album is in good shape and records are E+ ($10)
Rachmainoff Concerto No.2 (NBC Symphony Orch)- Album is missing spine, and records are E+ ($6)
The music of Stephen Foster (Columbia Masterworks with Andre K) Album is in great shape and records are E+ ($10)
Beethoven Symp no.1 and Brahmsn Tragic Overture (victor album with BBC orchestra) Album is in good shape records are E+ ($10)
Rossini Overtures (On red shellac Victor Records)- NBC Symphony with Arturo T. Album is good with the exception of some writing on the front and records are E ($10)
2 copies of Brahms Concerto No.2 in Bb major (Victor records with Vladimir Horowitz and the NBC Orchestra). Albums are good and records are E+ ($10 each)

I also have a fairly large selection of batwing victors. If you have one you are looking for, send me a PM and Ill look to see if I have it.

As a side note: I have way too many Red Label Columbias, Blue Decca's, Capitols, and RCA Victor Records. So again if you are looking for anything send me a PM, Ill be happy to look if I have it. (I am not writing them out here, because that would take WAY to long :lol: )

Also as a shot in the dark, I have some broken Edison records that were in a lot I got. Most are green box amberols but a few gold moulded ones. Is there any market for the boxes/broken records? Just curious.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,

David
Last edited by dzavracky on Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Re: FOR SALE- Records (Various)

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Those red Victor records of Rossini by the NBC Symphony are, I believe, vinyl. If they are marked "Victrolac" they aren't regular shellac like a red Vocalion or Perfect. Probably best to stick to playing those on an electric...if they're not worn by an acoustic machine they probably sound great!

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

VanEpsFan1914 wrote:Those red Victor records of Rossini by the NBC Symphony are, I believe, vinyl. If they are marked "Victrolac" they aren't regular shellac like a red Vocalion or Perfect. Probably best to stick to playing those on an electric...if they're not worn by an acoustic machine they probably sound great!
Those are "Red Seal Deluxe" postwar pressings and are actually the same vinyl as vinyl 45s.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

dzavracky
Victor IV

Post by dzavracky »

gramophone-georg wrote:
VanEpsFan1914 wrote:Those red Victor records of Rossini by the NBC Symphony are, I believe, vinyl. If they are marked "Victrolac" they aren't regular shellac like a red Vocalion or Perfect. Probably best to stick to playing those on an electric...if they're not worn by an acoustic machine they probably sound great!
Those are "Red Seal Deluxe" postwar pressings and are actually the same vinyl as vinyl 45s.

I did not know that! thanks for telling me.

dzavracky
Victor IV

Re: FOR SALE- Records (Various) prices are negotiable

Post by dzavracky »

bump