FOR SALE: 12” Edison Long Play - 30001 $75 obo

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
msherman
Victor O

FOR SALE: 12” Edison Long Play - 30001 $75 obo

Post by msherman »

This is mostly a “display copy”. It has a number of grayed grooves, so it will not play all the way through without sticking. There is an area on the R side that is fairly clean, and may play for a few minutes as a demonstration of the technology. There is also an edge chip on the R side, but does not go to the grooves.

If you’re looking for an inexpensive copy just to own one, or demonstrate it for a few minutes, this should fill the bill. Labels are fine.
Attachments
30001-L.jpg
30001-R.jpg
30001-R chip.jpg
Last edited by msherman on Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Re: FOR SALE: 12” Edison LP Record - 30001 - Dinner Music

Post by Curt A »

"Will sell to the highest offer over $50 I receive by Saturday at 10pm Pacific time. Send PM".

Please note that this is not an auction site... use eBay if that is your intention. FOR SALE items need to be priced with an actual "price" that you will accept...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Victor VI

Re: FOR SALE: 12” Edison LP Record - 30001 - Dinner Music

Post by 52089 »

Curt A wrote:"Will sell to the highest offer over $50 I receive by Saturday at 10pm Pacific time. Send PM".

Please note that this is not an auction site... use eBay if that is your intention. FOR SALE items need to be priced with an actual "price" that you will accept...
...though you are of course allowed to say "Inquire" for a price, and you are also allowed to indicate that you are open to offers.