WANTED: 2 Edison Goldguss Walze Records

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

WANTED: 2 Edison Goldguss Walze Records

Post by fran604g »

Hiya folks,

I'd like to replace several of the records that originally accompanied our Edison Home Model B. This was my wife's great grandparents', and then her grandparents owned it for many decades. Her grandmother bequeathed it to me upon her death in 1986. It came with about 100 records, but sadly none of the 60+ wax records survived to be playable. As time and $$$ allows, I'd like to try and make the collection complete again by slowly replacing as many as I can.

Great Grandma Sophie Fisher (Balling) emigrated to America from Bavaria as a 21 y/o young lady in 1894. It's easy to believe that years later, these 2 records would've been very important and much loved selections for her.

They are both Edison foreign series records, specifically:

Goldguss Walze #15354, O Tannenbaum, sung by the Nebe-Quartett - released 1907

Goldguss Walze #15109, Stille Nacht, heilige Nacht, sung by the Nebe-Quartett (and Franz Xaver?) - released 1907

I would like original German Goldguss Walze boxes and lids with these if at all possible, but since they've been stored for more than 110 years in regular [American] Edison Gold Moulded Record boxes, it's not that critical.

The specific titles and catalog numbers are (obviously) absolutely critical. The records must be in excellent, clean and undamaged condition.

PM me if you have them to offer, please.

Thanks,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

fran604g
Victor VI

Re: WANTED: 2 Edison Goldguss Walze Records

Post by fran604g »

Bumperooo
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

Roaring20s
Victor V
Personal Text: Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music. Nietzsche

Post by Roaring20s »

Fran,
Here's a start...
I have the Goldguss Walze box and lid for #15109.
You can have it, just PM your address and I will send it to you.

James.

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Post by drh »

In case you haven't noticed this yet (I hadn't until this morning), we now have a "Music Trader" counterpart to the "Yankee Trader." Some ads seeking or selling records, such as mine for the Goldberg/Kraus recordings, have automatically transferred there, but others have not. You might want to repost there just to make sure you don't get lost in the cracks, so to speak. Good luck with your search!

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

drh wrote:In case you haven't noticed this yet (I hadn't until this morning), we now have a "Music Trader" counterpart to the "Yankee Trader." Some ads seeking or selling records, such as mine for the Goldberg/Kraus recordings, have automatically transferred there, but others have not. You might want to repost there just to make sure you don't get lost in the cracks, so to speak. Good luck with your search!
Yep. I'm aware. Hopefully the mods here move this post to the correct place.

Fran

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

Roaring20s wrote:Fran,
Here's a start...

James.
You're a true mensch, James!

I'm grateful for your generosity. This is a wonderful gesture and I owe you one!

Merry Christmas,
Fran

Roaring20s
Victor V
Personal Text: Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music. Nietzsche

Post by Roaring20s »

fran604g wrote:
Roaring20s wrote:Fran,
Here's a start...

James.
You're a true mensch, James!

I'm grateful for your generosity. This is a wonderful gesture and I owe you one!

Merry Christmas,
Fran
;) It's my pleasure.
James.