Wanted : Beethoven Symhony no.7

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
dzavracky
Victor IV
Personal Text: college collector

Wanted : Beethoven Symhony no.7

Post by dzavracky »

Does anyone have a copy they can sell me? It doesn't matter the label or orchestra/conductor.

Thanks,

David

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Re: Wanted : Beethoven Symhony no.7

Post by marcapra »

Does record speed matter? I have the 1936 Toscanini New York Philharmonic recording on Victor in LP and 78s. The 78 album is missing one record, side 1 and 10. and the 78s are a bit warped. I also have this recording on an LP dub in excellent condition.

dzavracky
Victor IV

Post by dzavracky »

marcapra wrote:Does record speed matter? I have the 1936 Toscanini New York Philharmonic recording on Victor in LP and 78s. The 78 album is missing one record, side 1 and 10. and the 78s are a bit warped. I also have this recording on an LP dub in excellent condition.

Oh I should have specified. I need the 78 version. It’s the last symphony I need to complete all 9. I’d like a complete copy

Cheers
David

Orchorsol
Victor IV

Post by Orchorsol »

I'd have to go on a bit of a hunt, but it's quite possible I might have an album set amongst my giveaways - trouble is, the shipping from UK to US! :cry:
BCN thorn needles made to the original 1920s specifications: http://www.burmesecolourneedles.com

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe4DNb ... TPE-zTAJGg?

dzavracky
Victor IV

Post by dzavracky »

Orchorsol wrote:I'd have to go on a bit of a hunt, but it's quite possible I might have an album set amongst my giveaways - trouble is, the shipping from UK to US! :cry:

Nooooo :(.

I think that’ll be out of my budget

David

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

How rich do you feel, Davey boy? :)
Czech your phone
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

pallophotophone
Victor II

Post by pallophotophone »

gramophone-georg wrote:How rich do you feel, Davey boy? :)
Czech your phone

Vaclav Talich ?

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

pallophotophone wrote:
gramophone-georg wrote:How rich do you feel, Davey boy? :)
Czech your phone

Vaclav Talich ?
:lol:
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

Rick E
Victor Jr

Post by Rick E »

I have 2 copies. The first is Columbia Masterworks Set no. 260 - Felix Weingartner conducting the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra. There are 9 sides on 5 records, with the tenth side having Prometheus Overture. The records in the album are labelled 68561-D to 68565-D (CHAX 79 - 88). The look visually to be in excellent condition - shiny with no obvious cracks, scratches, or chips.
The second is also Columbia (Made in England) by the same conductor and orchestra, labelled L.X. 8235 - 8239 (CHAX 79-88). The records are not in the original album.
I also have two versions of Symphony No. 6 and one of Symphony No. 9, but I would have to check them for completeness an quality.

Any or all for cost of UPS shipping from Huntington NY 11743 to you. Please estimate shipping cost if interested.

Rick

dzavracky
Victor IV

Post by dzavracky »

Rick E wrote:I have 2 copies. The first is Columbia Masterworks Set no. 260 - Felix Weingartner conducting the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra. There are 9 sides on 5 records, with the tenth side having Prometheus Overture. The records in the album are labelled 68561-D to 68565-D (CHAX 79 - 88). The look visually to be in excellent condition - shiny with no obvious cracks, scratches, or chips.
The second is also Columbia (Made in England) by the same conductor and orchestra, labelled L.X. 8235 - 8239 (CHAX 79-88). The records are not in the original album.
I also have two versions of Symphony No. 6 and one of Symphony No. 9, but I would have to check them for completeness an quality.

Any or all for cost of UPS shipping from Huntington NY 11743 to you. Please estimate shipping cost if interested.

Rick

PM sent

David