Health Benefits of Sound Waves - Off Topic

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Health Benefits of Sound Waves - Off Topic

Post by Curt A »

I am posting this for information only, with the idea that it might be helpful to someone...

In 2009, I was diagnosed with aggressive prostate cancer, which was said to have a 6 months expected life span, if not treated. I opted for a non-invasive, non-surgical treatment performed with ultrasound called HIFU (high intensity focused ultrasound). It was considered to be experimental in the US at that time, so I made a choice to have it done in Munich, Germany where it had been performed for a number of years with a 94% success rate. The treatment took only 1 ½ - 2 hours and no chemo was necessary as a follow up... It was completely successful and I was told by the doctor that he got every cancer cell and that I would have a zero PSA after I arrived home and had a blood test. It is now going on 12 years since the treatment and still a zero PSA. Here is a link that explains the procedure, which is now FDA approved in the US.
https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/t ... ate-cancer

I have also had a tremor in my hands (essential tremor), which has plagued me from childhood (I'm now 72). In my case, it is an inherited thing passed down from my grandmother through my dad. I recently discovered that a similar treatment is now approved by Medicare to non-invasively treat tremors with ultrasound (sound waves) guided by the use of an MRI for targeting the location in the brain. It is referred to as MRGfus (MRI Guided Focused Ultrasound). I am now happy to know that there may be an answer to this problem that had no remedy in the past and I am considering this as a possibility. Here is info on the procedure:
https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/t ... -of-tremor

So, that simple discovery that sound waves can be transmitted for music, phone calls, television, etc. now can also save lives... it definitely saved mine.
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Roaring20s
Victor V
Personal Text: Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music. Nietzsche

Re: Health Benefits of Sound Waves - Off Topic

Post by Roaring20s »

Sound advice!
Seriously, I'm happy this worked so well.
Thanks for sharing!

James.

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Re: Health Benefits of Sound Waves - Off Topic

Post by Inigo »

CurtA, many thanks! We're glad it worked so well!
What about lower sound frequencies, let's say 200 to 6500 Hz, with a bit of hiss at 8000 Hz? :D We all know they are greatly beneficial for souls and minds, and for toe-tapping your legs, dancing and enjoying! :D
Seriously, that focused high freq soundwaves method looks very promising! No radiation, no aggressive chemicals, no surgery!
Inigo