WANTED: Berliner "Stars and Stripes Forever" Matrix 61

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
JPow
Victor O

WANTED: Berliner "Stars and Stripes Forever" Matrix 61

Post by JPow »

Wanted: Berliner "Stars and Stripes Forever" Matrix 61 - looking for a decent copy at a fair price.
I have several Sousa Band recordings on Berliners but not "Stars and Stripes Forever" (Matrix 61). Berliner released 7 different takes of "Stars and Stripes." I'm open to any variation - Sousa, Higgins, Military Band of Washington, D.C. Also looking for "The Liberty Bell" Berliner matrix 144 but that one isn't nearly as common as Stars and Stripes. Thank you and enjoy the weekend.

donniej
Victor III

Re: WANTED: Berliner "Stars and Stripes Forever" Matrix 61

Post by donniej »

I have molds of numerous Sousa Berliners, including 61 V "Stars and Stripes". I also have the mother for 23 ZZ "Directorate March".

In addition to my reproductions, I do have a number of original Berliners which I'll soon be selling (~20).

MarkELynch
Victor II

Post by MarkELynch »

Jpow,

Donnie can probably supply you with a physical Berliner disc but if you just want to audition and view the record you are looking for you can go to the new Library of Historical Audio Recordings at i78s. ( i78s.org )

There are over 2200 Berliner records available for free auditioning and their associated images. Included are 14 recordings of The Stars and Stripes Forever

Ask for a free user account at i78s.org

Enjoy, there is much to explore there. It contains over 34,000 recordings in a private collection for your free enjoyment.

Mark

JPow
Victor O

Post by JPow »

Donnie - Right now I'm looking for an original copy but I'll certainly keep it in mind. Thanks!
Mark - Thanks for the i78s.org recommendation. One downside to UCSB's DAHR website is the lack of Berliner audio files. This website solves that problem, plus you can fiddle with the pitch. Good stuff! I will make good use of that website.