For Sale: RECORDS- some nice ones- Various- REDUCED!

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

For Sale: RECORDS- some nice ones- Various- REDUCED!

Post by gramophone-georg »

I'm offering the following duplicates from my collection for sale. Offers always considered, PayPal "Friends and Family" payments welcome.

Christmas in July!
1. Columbia 50098-D, blue label black shellac 12". "Christmas Melodies" / "Silent Night". Paul Whiteman and his Concert Orchestra, visual E-, plays E+ $25 now $20

2. Victor 35679, 12"- "Santa Claus Tells About His Toy Shop" / "Santa Claus Gives Away His Toys". Gilbert Girard. Visual E-, plays about E+, label sticker A. $25 now $20

4. Gennett 2520- an impossibly rare 12" Gennett! "Liebeswaltzer" (sic)/ "Schwabische". Schwaebische Bauernkappelle. Visual V++, plays E, label sticker A. $100 now $80

5. Victor 20043, "Chant Of The Eagle Dance" / "Chant Of The Snake Dance", Hopi Indian Chanters. Visual E, plays E+, stickers and writing on labels. $95 now $75

6. OKeh 41237, "That's You, Baby" / "Walking With Susie", Carolina Club Orch. (Hal Kemp), visual V plays almost V+, dealer label sticker B. $25

7. Victor 21056, "Make My Cot Where The Cot- Cot- Cotton Grows" / "Sugar". Red Nichols Stompers. Great sides with prominent Trumbauer and Rollini. Jim Miller- Charlie Farrell vocals. Visual E that plays E+. Edge flake A 2 grooves, no music. $35 SOLD!

8. Columbia 1811-D, "BREAKAWAY" / "Walking With Susie", Milt Shaw Orch. Two nce hot ones! Visual V+, plays E or better. $25 SOLD!

9. Victor 22831, "Was It Wrong?"/ "River, Stay Way From My Door". Lofner- Harris St. Francis Hotel Orch. Great Harris vocal B. Visual E, plays E+, dealer sticker remnant A label, $25 now $20

10. Victor 22041, "Low Down Rhythm" / "Gotta Feelin' For You". The High Hatters with Frank Luther vocals. Great bouncy/ bassy arrangements. Visual V++ that plays E at minimum $15 SOLD!

11. Victor 24521, "Stompy Jones" / "Blue Feeling", Duke Ellington Orchestra. Higher fidelity recording with "VE" in a diamond. Visual E-, plays right about E+. $20 now $15

12. Columbia 1981-D, "Swanee Shuffle" / "I Gotta Have You". "The Midnight Airdales" (sic) basically Charleston Chasers led by Red Nichols meets McKenzie and Condon's Chicagoans!- with Glenn Miller, Rube Bloom, and Gene Krupa in the band and Red McKenzie vocals. Great stuff! Visual V++ that plays E, $30 SOLD!

13. Columbia 2527-D, "Royal Garden Blues" / "Dallas Blues". Ted Lewis and his Band WITH FATS WALLER! Ted neither plays nor sings on these sides, and Fats really drives the band. Incredible! Visual E-, plays right about E+. $45 SOLD!

14. Columbia 1600-D, "League Of Nations" / "Nocturne". Cole McElroy's Spanish Ball Room Band. The rarest disc by this Portland OR territory band and quite good! Visual E-, plays E to E+. $25 SOLD!

15. Columbia 2714-D, "Three's A Crowd" / "Say It Isn't So". Rudy Vallee Connecticut Yankees. Very VERY late original black label/ black shellac issue just before the switch to Royal Blue. Visual E-, plays E+. $50 SOLD!

ROYAL BLUE SHELLAC COLUMBIAS
16. 2752-D, "Maybe I Love You Too Much" / "Meet Me In The Gloaming. Rudy Vallee Connecticut Yankees. Visual E+, plays as new. No issues $75 now $60

17. 2901-D, "Dancing In The Moonlight" / "Ol' Mammy Ain't Gonna Sing No More". Ben Pollack Orch., Jack Teagarden as "Joe Harris" vocal B. Visual E-, plays E+. $40 SOLD!

18. 2951-D, "One Night Of Love" / "Moonlight On The River Danube". Lud Gluskin Orch., Don Darcy vocals. Waltzes. Visual E that plays E+. $20 now $15

19. 2997-D, "Tia Juana" / "Dancing With My Darling". Lud Gluskin Orch w/ Buddy Clark vocals. Visual E that plays E+. $25 now $20

20. 2890-D, "Lullaby In Blue" / "It's An Old Fashioned World After All". Enric Madriguera Orch., Bob Bunch vocals. Visual E that plays E+, $25 now $20

21. 3013-D, "The Rhythm Of The Rhumba" / "The Magic Of You". Lud Gluskin Orch. with Buddy Clark and Joe Host vocals. Visual E-, plays E to E+. $25 now $20

22. 2742-D, "Moon Song" / "Twenty Million People". Art Kassel Orch., visual V that plays V+ to E-, slightly bumpy surface and a scratch that will tick softly B. $10

23. 2826-D, "Heat Wave" / "Harlem On My Mind". Ethel Waters with Bunny Berigan and Benny Goodman in the accompanying band. Visual E- that plays E+. $45 SOLD!

Offers always considered and usually accepted, PayPal "Friends and Family" or your good check welcome, satisfaction guaranteed!
Last edited by gramophone-georg on Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:01 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Re: For Sale: RECORDS- some nice ones- Various

Here are the pics, with no guarantee of proper orientation. First group:
Attachments
IMG_5178.JPG
IMG_5177.JPG
IMG_5175.JPG
IMG_5176.JPG
IMG_5156.JPG
IMG_5157.JPG
IMG_5158.JPG
IMG_5159.JPG
IMG_5160.JPG
IMG_5161.JPG
IMG_5162.JPG

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Re: For Sale: RECORDS- some nice ones- Various

Second group:
Attachments
IMG_5163.JPG
IMG_5164.JPG
IMG_5165.JPG
IMG_5166.JPG
IMG_5168.JPG
IMG_5167.JPG
IMG_5169.JPG
IMG_5170.JPG
IMG_5171.JPG
IMG_5172.JPG
IMG_5173.JPG
IMG_5174.JPG

Skihawx
Victor III

Re: For Sale: RECORDS- some nice ones- Various- Photos Now

Post by Skihawx »

I will take 2714-D by Rudy Vallee

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Re: For Sale: RECORDS- some nice ones- Various- REDUCED!

Prices on remaining records reduced!