For Sale: The Ritz- Charleston! REDUCED!

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

For Sale: The Ritz- Charleston! REDUCED!

Post by gramophone-georg »

I am continuing to go through my 50 plus year collection and eliminate duplicates/ back up copies for the sake of space.

Let's start with this one:

That's right- not one, but TWO versions of "Puttin' On The Ritz"!
1. Earl Burtnett and his LA Biltmore Hotel Orchestra on Brunswick 4679. If memory serves, Harry Richman is the vocalist on this- don't quote me though. Great version, backed with "With You". Visual V++ that plays E with a smudge B. Someone tried "sticking it to the man" by engraving his own eccentric stopping groove at the end of both selections. Unsightly and annoying, but it doesn't affect the music at all.
$90.00 now $75

2. Jan Garber and his Orchestra on British Columbia CB-46. Reverse is "Alice in Wonderland" by Debroy Somers Band. The Somers side has a really bad rough start, but the Garber side is visual E- that plays a crystal- clear E+! Rare and delightful! $125 now $100

CHARLESTON

3. Isham Jones Orchestra, Brunswick 2970. Pretty sure this is early electric. Reverse is "Sweet Man", described as a "Charleston Fox- Trot". Visual E that plays E+- wonderful! $150 now $100

4. Columbia 355-D, Ben Selvin Orch. as "The Knickerbockers". One of two Selvin versions of this iconic tune. Reverse is "All Aboard For Heaven", also a fun arrangement. Visual V++ to E--, plays E or better both sides. Some small edge bumps and lots of small lam cracks all around the edge don't affect the music. Acoustic. $125 now $95

5. Paul Whiteman Orchestra, Victor 19671. "Charleston" is actually the B side here; A is "Honey, I'm In Love With You". Visual V+ that plays a very clear E, with some label fade and a stabilized "shadow" edge flake B that goes in three grooves but not to the music. Iconic version of an iconic record. Electric. $225 now $195

6. Ben Selvin Orch. on Vocalion 10538. Here, again, "Charleston" is the B side- A is "Steppin' In Society". Visual E- with some very light scratches that do not sound- plays E to E+. Pretty sure this is early electric. $175 now $150

7. Bell 351, "Hollywood Ramblers"- maybe a studio band. Once again, Charleston is the B side- A is "Yes, Sir- That's My Baby". Visual V+ that plays E- with slight groove greying not affecting play and a stabilized 1" (or so) edge crack that I heard tick once or twice when I reviewed it and really is not audible through the music at all on my gear even though it looks nasty in the photo. $75 now $40 SOLD!

AS ALWAYS: Satisfaction guaranteed, offers considered, PayPal "Friends and Family" or your good check welcome! I have been shipping records worldwide for decades, so no need to worry about breakage due to substandard packaging.
Attachments
IMG_5187.JPG
IMG_5188.JPG
IMG_5189.JPG
IMG_5190.JPG
IMG_5191.JPG
IMG_5192.JPG
IMG_5194.JPG
Last edited by gramophone-georg on Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Re: For Sale: The Ritz- Charleston! Various Prices

Post by Inigo »

:D :D Putin, on the Ritz... :D :D very good!!
Inigo

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

Inigo wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:25 am :D :D Putin, on the Ritz... :D :D very good!!
It's an extremely rare picture disc... I can't imagine Georg parting with it... :lol:
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Post by drh »

Curt A wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:50 am
Inigo wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:25 am :D :D Putin, on the Ritz... :D :D very good!!
It's an extremely rare picture disc... I can't imagine Georg parting with it... :lol:
He'd be crackers to do so!

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Re: For Sale: The Ritz- Charleston! REDUCED!

Post by gramophone-georg »

REDUCED! Offers welcome and usually accepted... and yes, we have no picture disc! :D
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek