Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
pcc1
Victor Jr

WANTED: A number of band and orchestra records

Post by pcc1 »

Some time ago I had posted
WANTED: Victor 21935, Battleship Connecticut March

"Post by pcc1 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:17 pm
"Hello all - I am now hot on the pursuit of Victor 21935, James Fulton's "Battleship Connecticut" and C. W. Bennet's "Wake-Up" marches, recorded 31 January 1929 by the "Victor Symphonic Band" under Rosario Bourdon. Anyone have a copy they would be willing to part with? I am amenable to all sorts of deals.
Always listening closely, PCC"

and never received a response. Well I still want "Victor 21935, Battleship Connecticut March" and a number of other acoustical and electrical band and orchestral records. I know few people have the interest I do in these, but someone may have a few they'd be willing to part with. Specifically:

Columbia A19, Prince's Military Band, "Summertime Medley" and "Powhattan's Daughter March" (specifically for "Powhattan's Daughter", which was also issued as single-side Columbia 3722 and Oxford 3722, D&R 3514, and Star 5803), likewise

Zonophone 905 or 5242, Zonophone Concert Band, "Powhattan's Daughter March" (also issued as Oxford 5242-B; the piece is one of the lesser-known but highly-underrated Sousa marches, written for the Jamestown Exposition of 1907)

and these early Prince's Orchestra waltz sides, as they're played as concert pieces and not in strict dance tempo:
A5122 - Pres de toi (Waldteufel)/ Sinnbild Walzer (Lincke)
(also released on UK Rena 158)

A5130 - Waltz - Militaire (Waldteufel)/ Scarf Dance (Chaminade)
(also released on UK Rena 159)

A5145 - Les patineurs/ Acclamations (both Waldteufel)
(also on later Columbia foreign series E5100)

and finally
Victor 5079 (or foreign 2-sided 62517) - Coppelia-Valse (Delibes)

I was graciously offered a digital transfer of one of these sides, but I prefer to have the physical objects to hear myself.

I am always interested in Italian band sides, especially Fonotipias (the Seba Matacena sides with the Musica della Regia Marina Italiana, and Pio Nevi with the Banda Municipale de Milano), Favorites (the Banda Municipale de Verona) as well as the Victor Creatore and any Salvatore Minichini sides (either Victor or Columbia). I am especiallyecords of concert music (not "paso dodles) by the Banda de los Alarbarderos or Banda de los Ingienieros (usually Victor or Gramophone Company). Acoustical French, British and Italian orchestra sides are also of interest, especially Columbia's Milan sides and Carlo Sabajno's La Scala sides (both acoustical and electrical).

Since it's been a while since I posted, I hope the availability situation has changed somewhat. Many thanks for reading.
Always listening closely, PCC