WANTED: Gayla Peevey: "Are my ears on straight"

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
nostalgia
Victor IV
Personal Text: Keep winding up

WANTED: Gayla Peevey: "Are my ears on straight"

Post by nostalgia »

US/AU/ UK version of: Gayla Peevey: "Are my ears on straight"/I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas

US version: Columbia – 40106
AU version Philips – P 21133 H
UK version: Philips - PB 211

If someone has a spare copy to sell, since I can't get it im my area, I doubt it ever was sold here...

I live in continental Europe, so I need it shipped across one/some "big ponds"...

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Re: WANTED: Gayla Peevey: "Are my ears on straight"

Post by gramophoneshane »

I've got 4 or 5 copies, but it'd probably cost a fortune to post from here, especially with the extra packing it would need to survive the journey.

My video on YouTube has a link in the description to a boxnet file where you can download the song.
There used to be comments on the video by Gayla Pevey but they've disappeared, so I'm not sure if she closed her account or what.

Mine was the first video of this song on YouTube, and she was surprised and delighted by how popular it was with a lot people, as she'd only ever really got feedback on the A side Hippopotumus.
She said at the time that Are my ears on straight had never been rereleased on any xmas compilation albums etc, and actually said she was glad I'd provided the link so fans could download the song.
No doubt the record company would have a different opinion.
I don't know if it's been rereleased in the time since her comments, but let's hope so.
Here in Australia, the record was also released on the "Coronet" label, although the Phillips label is easier to find, and is also better suited to accoustic playback.

https://youtu.be/4xTPKXgCLUQ

nostalgia
Victor IV
Personal Text: Keep winding up

Re: WANTED: Gayla Peevey: "Are my ears on straight"

Post by nostalgia »

Shane, I spent time listening to all the record suggestions in the Christmas 78 record thread I started a few days back, and was abolutely taken by this song ( and highly enjoyed others too). I also have downloaded it two days ago for use on computer, but would still love to have the original shellack record for use on one of my gramophones. I will now send you a PM about the record. Thanks for posting here too.