Wanted: Columbia 2186-D Mysterious Mose - Rube Bloom

Post by kirtley2012 »

Anybody by chance have a copy to sell?

Cheers

colmike1
Victor III

Re: Wanted: Columbia 2186-D Mysterious Mose - Rube Bloom

Post by colmike1 »

Great recording! Good luck on your search. Another one of my favorite Rube Bloom records is Man from the South. Adrian Rollini has a great bass sax solo on that one. I enjoy Roy Evans' vocals.

kirtley2012
Victor IV
Personal Text: Buyer of broken things

Post by kirtley2012 »

colmike1 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:58 am Great recording! Good luck on your search. Another one of my favorite Rube Bloom records is Man from the South. Adrian Rollini has a great bass sax solo on that one. I enjoy Roy Evans' vocals.
Yes I've only just got a copy of that one after a long time looking, it's my favorite version of St James Infirmary too

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

kirtley2012 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:56 pm
colmike1 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:58 am Great recording! Good luck on your search. Another one of my favorite Rube Bloom records is Man from the South. Adrian Rollini has a great bass sax solo on that one. I enjoy Roy Evans' vocals.
Yes I've only just got a copy of that one after a long time looking, it's my favorite version of St James Infirmary too
Don't forget 2218-D, "On Revival Day" / "There's A Wah- Wah Girl In Agua Caliente". Tommy Dorsey and Benny Goodman are also on all 6 Bayou Boys sides, and Dick McDonough is the guitarist on 2218-D. Eddie Walters does uke and vocal on "Wah Wah Girl". All are astonishingly fantastic sides and these records are super tough to find. My copies are not for sale but I will keep a look- out for you.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

SteveM
Victor II

Post by SteveM »

Whoa I guess I never realized that was Eddie Walters on Wah Wah ... my second-fav Bloom side, next to Mose. Mose is my wife's favorite record and when we DJ together, she always insists on having that one in her stack. As I've said before, I think it's the hottest record ever ... owing a lot to its quality of recording.

It's the most I've ever paid for a record ($50). After years of searching for it, I added "search in description" to my saved search. One EE copy finally turned up in some guy's loooong list of 78s, and we had to negotiate a little. But "search in description" was the key to finding it for me.

I'll definitely keep an eye out, as I think everyone needs one.

I will now shut up about this record!
“The cup of tea on arrival at a country house is a thing which, as a rule, I particularly enjoy. I like the crackling logs, the shaded lights, the scent of buttered toast, the general atmosphere of leisured cosiness.”

P. G. Wodehouse