gunnarthefeisty
Victor III
Personal Text: Started collecting in August 2020, small collection of records

WTB Brunswick 6567 Rasputin- The Three Keys

Post by gunnarthefeisty »

Would like VG+ or up.

Roaring20s
Victor V
Personal Text: Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music. Nietzsche

Re: WTB Brunswick 6567 Rasputin- The Three Keys

Post by Roaring20s »

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Roaring20s wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:54 am https://www.ebay.com/itm/354009929209?h ... SwbUFiWOxD

Not mine and buy-it-now. :clover:

James.
Great seller, too... total record guy!
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

Roaring20s
Victor V
Personal Text: Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music. Nietzsche

Post by Roaring20s »

That was snapped up fast.
Did you acquire your desire? :coffee:

James.
:geek:

gunnarthefeisty
Victor III

Unfortunately no. I sent a message asking for a sound clip and didn't recieve a reply.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

gunnarthefeisty wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:37 pm Unfortunately no. I sent a message asking for a sound clip and didn't recieve a reply.
Why would you need a sound clip? It's an E- record from a reputable seller. Besides, the problem with sound clips is it's like trying to match a color off the internet when everyone's monitor is different. Same with audio systems, stylus, and acoustical dynamics of a room as well as the equipment recording the clip.

In 30 plus years of buying and selling records, nobody ever asked me for a sound clip. It is a rare record and it was priced very fairly for the condition. Just saying is all. ;) :squirrel:
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

gunnarthefeisty wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:37 pm Unfortunately no. I sent a message asking for a sound clip and didn't recieve a reply.
First rule of collecting:
You see it, you want it, you buy it, or you lose it. ;)

I'm not sure what the second rule is... :?

gunnarthefeisty
Victor III

gramophone-georg wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:25 am
Why would you need a sound clip? It's an E- record from a reputable seller. Besides, the problem with sound clips is it's like trying to match a color off the internet when everyone's monitor is different. Same with audio systems, stylus, and acoustical dynamics of a room as well as the equipment recording the clip.

In 30 plus years of buying and selling records, nobody ever asked me for a sound clip. It is a rare record and it was priced very fairly for the condition. Just saying is all. ;) :squirrel:
I hadn't dealt with him before and wasn't aware he was reputable. I'm a bit stingy, so I wanted to be sure before spending $40. I guess I'm spoiled what with having a physical record store where I can listen before I buy.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

gunnarthefeisty wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:58 pm

I hadn't dealt with him before and wasn't aware he was reputable. I'm a bit stingy, so I wanted to be sure before spending $40. I guess I'm spoiled what with having a physical record store where I can listen before I buy.
I can sympathize with the hesitance of a $40 record. In my early record buying past, I would not consider anything costing over $1. We're talking flea markets and rummage sales. Even today, 45 years later, the number of records I've paid $40+ for, I can count on one hand... maybe two, but still, I get it. I know some of you would easily shell out hundreds for a given record, but it ain't in me. Too many 25 cent records in my past to allow me to do it. ;) Knowing what your limits are does not make you stingy, it makes you wise. Best to you in your future Rasputin search. (It's a pretty cool tune actually, that I was unaware of, so thanks for bringing it up.)

gunnarthefeisty
Victor III

JerryVan wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:20 pm
gunnarthefeisty wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:58 pm

I can sympathize with the hesitance of a $40 record. In my early record buying past, I would not consider anything costing over $1. We're talking flea markets and rummage sales. Even today, 45 years later, the number of records I've paid $40+ for, I can count on one hand... maybe two, but still, I get it. I know some of you would easily shell out hundreds for a given record, but it ain't in me. Too many 25 cent records in my past to allow me to do it. ;) Knowing what your limits are does not make you stingy, it makes you wise. Best to you in your future Rasputin search. (It's a pretty cool tune actually, that I was unaware of, so thanks for bringing it up.)
Another point, I tend to be a lot stingier online. It's way easier to drive myself broke through eBay than when buying things in person with cash.