FOR SALE: A Dozen Iconic Jazz Records- 50%!

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

FOR SALE: A Dozen Iconic Jazz Records- 50%!

Post by gramophone-georg »

1. SOLD! Victor 19671, Paul Whiteman "CHARLESTON", visual E-, plays E, top copy, $175
2. SOLD!Columbia 1478-D, Whiteman, "FELIX THE CAT" with Bix, Tram, Busse. Super HiFi sound. Visual E, plays as new, $100
3.Victor 19751, Don Bestor Orch, "CHARLESTON BABY OF MINE", nice companion to 19671. Electric. Visual E-, plays E+. $35
4. Brunswick 3471, KING OLIVER ORCH., "Farewell Blues"/ "Sobbin' Blues", visual scuffy V+, plays about E, $65
5. Brunswick 3997, JOHNNY DODDS BLACK BOTTOM STOMPERS, "When Erastus Plays His Old Kazoo" / "Joe Turner Blues". Visual E, plays great, cleanest copy you'll find of this HOT record, $75

6. SOLD!Victor 21199, BENNIE MOTEN orchestra, "Pass Out Lightly" / "Ding Dong Blues". visual V+ plays E- or so- super African American Kansas City band where Basie got his start $50

7. Brunswick 3975, BENNIE GOODMAN'S BOYS, "Shirt Tail Stomp" / "Blue". 1928 sides by the young future King of Swing. Tommy Dorsey and Ben Pollack are two of the "Boys". Visual V+ to E-, plays about E with a bit of surface noise. Most copies of this you'll find- if you even can!- are played to death. $75

8.Diva 3097-G, Hotel Pennsylvania Music, "HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN". Visual E- that plays E+ at minimum. Electric. Great copy! $45
9. Columbia 355-D, Selvin, "The Original CHARLESTON", visual V+ that plays E or better. Lots of little lam cracks around perimeter rumble slightly but clear up a couple seconds into the music. Needle drop click 2x but passes on my equipment. No "W" symbol at the matrix but sounds electric to me. $75

10. SOLD! (UK) Columbia CB46, Jan Garber Orch., "PUTTIN ON THE RITZ", Visual E that plays E+. Fantastic! Other side is Debroy Sumers "Alice in Wonderland" that has a bad rough start, but you are buying the Ritz here, right? $65

11.SOLD! Victor 22830, Lofner- Harris Orch., "I GOT THE RITZ FROM THE ONE I LOVE" / "I'm Sorry Dear". Visual E- that plays E except for a light swish beginning of Ritz- which is Phil Harris' first record, incidentally. Very hard to find. So- you have the choice of putting on the Ritz, or getting the Ritz!
$35

12. Victor 21611, McKinney's Cotton Pickers, "Milenberg Joys" / "Shim Me Sha Wobble". Fantastic Afro- American band fronted by the great Don Redman. Did you know they were a Goldkette band? Visual E-, plays about E+ with label sticker A. $25

And, as always... satisfaction guaranteed, offers considered, and payment by PayPal "Friends and Family" OR your good check!

Sorry, but the photos wound up out of order and oriented wrong- click on them and they'll straighten up!
Attachments
IMG_7588.JPG
IMG_7587.JPG
IMG_7579.JPG
IMG_7580.JPG
IMG_7581.JPG
IMG_7584.JPG
IMG_7585.JPG
IMG_7586.JPG
IMG_7582.JPG
IMG_7583.JPG
IMG_7590.JPG
IMG_7589.JPG
Last edited by gramophone-georg on Sun May 29, 2022 1:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

gunnarthefeisty
Victor III
Personal Text: Started collecting in August 2020, small collection of records

Re: FOR SALE: A Dozen Iconic Jazz Records- Various

Post by gunnarthefeisty »

Any chance I could trade my copy of Charleston on Vocalion (Selvin) in what seems to be a good E-, VG+ visual, for your Columbia copy?

pallophotophone
Victor II

Post by pallophotophone »

Hello Again , George,

I'll take the Lofner Harris Victor ! Please !

Bob

ChesterCheetah18
Victor II

Post by ChesterCheetah18 »

Felix The Cat SOLD!!

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

gunnarthefeisty wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 4:20 am Any chance I could trade my copy of Charleston on Vocalion (Selvin) in what seems to be a good E-, VG+ visual, for your Columbia copy?
Hi Gunnar:
Sorry, I already have two copies of the Vocalion. :cry: Some records I AM looking for, in E or better:

Tommy Dorsey Victor 26500, USA pressing
Arthur Pryor "Blue Bells Of Scotland", Victor
Ed Meeker "I'd Rather Be A Minstrel Man Than A Multimillionaire", Victor
G&T 7 inch records
Caruso and Jimmie Rodgers Victor picture discs

Thanks much!
Last edited by gramophone-georg on Fri May 06, 2022 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

pallophotophone wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:25 am Hello Again , George,

I'll take the Lofner Harris Victor ! Please !

Bob
Hi again Bob-
You got it! PM to follow. Thanks!

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

ChesterCheetah18 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:01 am Felix The Cat SOLD!!
Looks like Felix has a place for his pillow underneath the weeping willow. Thanks, Chester! PM to follow.

ChesterCheetah18
Victor II

Post by ChesterCheetah18 »

Victor 21199 SOLD!!

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Post by travisgreyfox »

The "Charleston Baby of Mine" is a good track! I am tempted to buy another copy just in case I lose mine :)

(Double-click the video above or click this link to watch the video on YouTube in HD.)

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

travisgreyfox wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:42 pm The "Charleston Baby of Mine" is a good track! I am tempted to buy another copy just in case I lose mine :)

(Double-click the video above or click this link to watch the video on YouTube in HD.)

Don't hold back on my account! :lol: