FOR SALE: 6 Shellac 1932-3 Victor LPs- HALF PRICE!

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

FOR SALE: 6 Shellac 1932-3 Victor LPs- HALF PRICE!

Post by gramophone-georg »

Here's a group of 10" shellac Victor "Program Transcriptions", duplicates from my collection. These are suitable for use on the Victor Type 3 (swinging basket type) and Type 4 (record flinger) changers with the 33 ⅓ speed option. They hold up fine using regular Chromium or steel needles- likely Tungs- Tone as well.
Please note that fidelity on these early LPs is not as good as conventional 78s, due to the slowed speed that still uses a conventional 78 stylus. Still, they are very cool and rare to have, and can always be played on a modern turntable with a 78 stylus, too.

1. L-16005, Leo Reisman Orch. "Music From The Cat And The Fiddle", Victor spiderweb on reverse. Visual E-, plays E to E+ $50
2. l- 24004, Marek Weber Orch, a) Viennese Melodies, b) Lehar Melodies. Visual E, plays E to E+ $45
3. L-20411, a) Reisman, (pictured) b) Whiteman, "I'd Write A Song" / "You Are The Song", visual V++ to E-, label dmg spindle hole both sides, $60
4. L-1000, silver classical, Carmen Suite 1 and 2, Stokowski. Visual somewhat scuffy E-, plays E, $40
5. L-1004, silver, Stock, Chicago Symphony, a) Carneval Overture, b) "Fairy Tales" (Polka), (Suk), Slavonic Dance #1 (Dvorak), vis. E, p E+, $40
6. L-4510, Shilkret, Victor Salon O., Schubert Melodies, part ¾. Visual E, plays E+ Sorry, don't have a duplicate of L-4509, part 1 and 2, so I'll price this one at $20

If you are interested in all... make an offer! :D As always, satisfaction guaranteed, PayPal Friends and Family or your good check accepted.
Attachments
IMG_7637.JPG
IMG_7638.JPG
IMG_7639.JPG
IMG_7640.JPG
IMG_7641.JPG
IMG_7642.JPG
Last edited by gramophone-georg on Fri May 27, 2022 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

gunnarthefeisty
Victor III
Personal Text: Started collecting in August 2020, small collection of records

Re: FOR SALE: 6 Shellac 1932-3 Victor LPs- Various

Post by gunnarthefeisty »

Which ones are dubs and which are direct? I know #2 is direct, as I own a copy.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

gunnarthefeisty wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:20 am Which ones are dubs and which are direct? I know #2 is direct, as I own a copy.
Here's the best source for answering that I've ever found, though not complete. They list a bunch of non Stokowski discs at the end.
https://www.stokowski.org/Victor_Progra ... ecords.htm

To add further confusion, there were quite a few sessions where 78s and these "transcriptions" were recorded simultaneously using different lathes. If memory serves, this is the case with the Whiteman / Grofe "Grand Canyon Suite" pair of 12" Victrolacs I also have listed.
Then, there's the famous case of the Ellington Program Transcription where it was recorded simultaneously on two PT lathes from different microphones. The matrices were assigned different take number, so if you are lucky enough to own both takes and can coordinate them... you get the world's first stereo recording.

Hope the link helps!

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Post by drh »

The Discography of American Historical Recordings also appears to have these--at least, the two classical issues (Stokowski and Stock). Both appear to be dubs, and I can attest that I have all the Stock selections on conventional 78 RPM shellac.

https://adp.library.ucsb.edu/index.php

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Post by drh »

drh wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:27 pm The Discography of American Historical Recordings also has at least the two classical issues (Stokowski and Stock). Both appear to be dubs, and I can attest that I have all the Stock selections on conventional 78 RPM shellac.

https://adp.library.ucsb.edu/index.php

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Re: FOR SALE: 6 Shellac 1932-3 Victor LPs- HALF PRICE!

SALE- All records now half of listed price!