SOLD: Brunswick 12" "Mood Accompaniment" records

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
ColoradoPhonograf
Victor II

SOLD: Brunswick 12" "Mood Accompaniment" records

Post by ColoradoPhonograf »

I have approximately 18 of these Brunswick "Mood Accompaniment Library" records, 12" in extremely nice condition. These were recorded shortly in 1930-1931. If you have interest, send me a private message for more related info. and photos. I use plenty of cardboard layer upon layer to make a record "sandwich" for shipping purposes. Thanks for looking.
D.Edwards
Attachments
IMG_20220623_141530877.jpg
IMG_20220623_143110766.jpg
IMG_20220623_141021278.jpg
Last edited by ColoradoPhonograf on Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

gunnarthefeisty
Victor III
Personal Text: Started collecting in August 2020, small collection of records

Re: SOLD: Brunswick 12" "Mood Accompaniment" records $4.00 ea

Post by gunnarthefeisty »

If anyone else gets some of these, please send me a PM!

ChesterCheetah18
Victor II

Post by ChesterCheetah18 »

gunnarthefeisty wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:36 pm If anyone else gets some of these, please send me a PM!
Like the Victor Pict-Ur-Music and Gennett "Synchronized" records, the Brunswick M.A.L. records were used in theaters. They weren't sold to the public, and as such are not easily found. I think over the years I've only found two of them, and I sold those to a gentleman in Canada probably 20 years ago. I will get in touch if I do find any others though. Incidentally, the sleeve shown is not the correct one. The M.A.L. records had their own distinct (and very plain) sleeves. I'm rather sure I have one for a 10" version here somewhere.

Steve

gunnarthefeisty
Victor III
Personal Text: Started collecting in August 2020, small collection of records

Post by gunnarthefeisty »

ChesterCheetah18 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:01 pm
gunnarthefeisty wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:36 pm If anyone else gets some of these, please send me a PM!
Like the Victor Pict-Ur-Music and Gennett "Synchronized" records, the Brunswick M.A.L. records were used in theaters. They weren't sold to the public, and as such are not easily found. I think over the years I've only found two of them, and I sold those to a gentleman in Canada probably 20 years ago. I will get in touch if I do find any others though. Incidentally, the sleeve shown is not the correct one. The M.A.L. records had their own distinct (and very plain) sleeves. I'm rather sure I have one for a 10" version here somewhere.

Steve
Thank you! I was surprised by how quickly they sold, but since they're scarce I'm not as surprised now.

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

Colleague Graham Newton from Toronto used to collect these. I think he had a very large collection of Brunswick mood records... he's in the forum...
Inigo

ChesterCheetah18
Victor II

Inigo wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:11 pm Colleague Graham Newton from Toronto used to collect these. I think he had a very large collection of Brunswick mood records... he's in the forum...
Thank you Inigo. Mr. Newton is the person I sold mine to. It's been so long I had forgotten his name.

Steve

ChesterCheetah18
Victor II

gunnarthefeisty wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:53 pm
ChesterCheetah18 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:01 pm

Steve
Thank you! I was surprised by how quickly they sold, but since they're scarce I'm not as surprised now.
I'm bummed myself that I didn't see them sooner. I'm rather certain that recording of "Soliloquy" was done by Duke Ellington, and that's right up my alley.

Steve

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

Thank you Inigo. Mr. Newton is the person I sold mine to. It's been so long I had forgotten his name.
Steve
;) a very nice gentleman, indeed. I had the fortune to meet him personally at his home in Toronto twenty odd years ago... I happened to be there for work, and he kindly organized a meeting my very last day there, together with good old Steve C Barr and David Lennick, and invited me too, so I meet those three nice men then. God bless them...! Good old times of vivid 78-L comrades...!
Inigo

ChesterCheetah18
Victor II

Inigo wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:19 pm
Steve
;) a very nice gentleman, indeed. I had the fortune to meet him personally at his home in Toronto twenty odd years ago... I happened to be there for work, and he kindly organized a meeting my very last day there, together with good old Steve C Barr and David Lennick, and invited me too, so I meet those three nice men then. God bless them...! Good old times of vivid 78-L comrades...!
Yes, a very nice man. I have never met him in person, and only spoke to him maybe three times, but I learned so very much in those conversations.

Steve

ColoradoPhonograf
Victor II

Post by ColoradoPhonograf »

I was the seller on these records. The buyer was the first to respond and bought them all. I'm pleased they are staying together as a collection to a buyer that will give them a good home. Just for archive purposes, here are a couple of photos.
Attachments
IMG_20220623_192634352.jpg
IMG_20220623_192622267.jpg