FOR SALE: TMF Record Bash- Various

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

FOR SALE: TMF Record Bash- Various

Post by gramophone-georg »

So, while the kids in the Midwest do their Indy record bash- let's do our own right here. No photos because there are too many, but if you want a photo, ask. Listed prices are suggestions... reasonable offers are always accepted. Payment with your good check or PayPal "Friends and Family" ONLY please. Satisfaction guaranteed. I've been selling and shipping records worldwide for decades, so no worries about grading, packing, or shipping.

7 and 8 inch Victors and 7" G&T records accepted in trade as well!

First group- 10" Jazz and dance
1. Columbia 2136-D, Lee Morse Blue Grass Boys, "Taint No Sin To Dance Around In Your Bones"/ "I'm Following You!" Dorseys and Rollini. Visual E-, plays E to E+. Tough one! $30 SOLD!
FRANK TRUMBAUER Orchestra
2. Parlophione Purple/ Gold R420, "No One Can Take Your Place"/ "Reaching For Someone". No USA issue A. Bix, of course. Smith Ballew vocals. A short scratch A side tics in soft vocal passages only, otherwise E that plays E+. RARE Tram and Bix item. $55
3. Victor 24812, "Blue Moon"/ "Down T' Uncle Bill's". Scarce Depression issue with Bunny Berigan, Glenn Miller, Artie Shaw as sidemen. Visual V to V+ with label fade and slight label damage. Plays surprisingly well- high V+ to almost but not quite E-. $25

4.OKeh 41497, Louis Armstrong Orch., "I Surrender Dear" / "Walkin' My Baby Back Home". Visual V with rough starts, scratches, crayon X on labels. Still enjoyable. $15 TRADED
5. Columbia 1335-D, Charleston Chasers, "Mississippi Mud"/ "My Melancholy Baby". Racist lyrics A, early version of the later Glenn Miller hit B. Small dig B passes fine. Visual V++ that plays about E. $25
Earl Burtnett LA Biltmore Orch
6. Brunswick 4376- "Low Down Rhythm" / "Gotta Feeling For You". Superb sides by this fine LA band. Visual and aural NM, $30
7. Brunswick 4861, "Here Comes The Sun"/ Regent Club Orch "Prince Charming" (W). Visual E that plays that or better. $20

8. Victor 20716, Jacques Renard Orch., "C'est Vous" / Charles Dornberger Orch. "The Sweetheart Waltz". Two waltzes in V+ to feed your Credenza! $5
9. Champion 15777 (From Gennett) Sam Lanin as "Joe Morris Orch". "I'm In Seventh Heaven" / "Used To You". Sounds like maybe Dorseys are present. Visual V+ that plays better except for a swish about the first 20-30 sec caused by a heat mark. $15

10. Arcadia (Australia) 2061, Lanin (I think) as "Southern Serenaders", "Rio Rita"/ "My Dream Memory". Visual V that plays better. Label fade. $5
Ben Selvin Orch.
11. Columbia 1604-D, As Broadway Nitelites "I Wanna Be Loved By You" (Vaughn DeLeath voc.) / "You're The Cream In My Coffee". A side is one of THE iconic 1920s sides. V+ that plays E- to E. $30 SOLD!
12. Columbia 2221-D, "Around The Corner" / "With My Guitar And You". Goodman, Dorseys present. Visual E, plays E+ or better $30
13. Columbia 2067-D as The Knickerbockers", "My Man Is On The Make" EVA TAYLOR, vocal / "Why Do You Suppose?". Tommy Dorsey present. Visual V++ plays E, light lam crack about 1.5" B not affecting play. $35

Next group are all Royal Blue Shellac Columbias
14. 2725-D, Rudy Vallee Conn. Yankees: "Brother, Can You Spare A Dime?"/"I'll Never Have To Dream Again" (W), visual E to E- that plays E+ with moon shaped lam crack at beginning on B (waltz) side only, clicks. $75
15. 2997-D, Lud Gluskin Orch., "Tia Juana" (Bolero)/ "Dancing With My Darling". Buddy Clark voc both sides. Visual E, plays E+. $25
16. 2930-D, Emil Coleman Orch., "So Help Me" / "Little Man You've Had A Busy Day". Visual E-, plays E+. $25
17. 2951-D, Gluskin, "One Night Of Love"/"Moonlight On The River Danube". Visual E-, plays E+. Two waltzes. $15
18. 2890-D, Enric Madriguera Orch., "Lullaby In Blue" ? "It's An Old Fashioned World After All". Visual E+, plays as new, $25
19. 2734-D, Ben Selvin Orch., "Street Of Dreams" / "A White House Of Our Own". Rare late Selvin from December 1932. Tommy Dorsey present. He redid Street of Dreams with strings and Sinatra in '42. Larry Murphy and Elmer Feldkamp vocals. Visual E++ that plays as new. $45

Next group are all versions of "Happy Days Are Here Again"
20. Brunswick 4709, Benny Meroff Orch, backed with "The Talk Of The Town". Recorded in Chicago, with Dusty Rhodes (think Ted Weems) vocals. Visual V+ that plays E or better Uncommon. $35
21. Madison 50025, backed with "Gee, It's Great To Build A Nest". Grey Gull groups. Visual V++ that plays as close to E as a Grey Gull pressing can. $35
22. Victor 2221, Leo Reisman Orch. B/W "Lucky Me And Lovable You". If memory serves, Reisman was the first to record this. Eddie Duchin on pno. Visual V++ that plays E- or so. Someone colored the "O" in "Victor" red both sides. $20 TRADED
23. Champion 15930 (from Gennett), Sam Lanin Orch, B/W "When I'm Looking At You". Visual E- but grainy, plays about at grade. Irving Kaufman. $40
*See, not ALL versions of HDAHA are backed with "Lucky Me And Lovable You" after all!*

GIVE US THE CHARLESTON!!!
Well... all righty then.
24. Victor 19671, Paul Whiteman, B/W "Honey, I'm In Love With You". Visual V+ that plays that or better. $100 TRADED
25. Columbia 355-D, Black label, Selvin as "The Knickerbockers" B/W "All Aboard For Heaven". Visual V due to little lam cracks all along the edge both sides barely affecting the first few seconds of play. Actually plays closer to E-. $45 TRADED
26. Selvin again, Vocalion 15038, B/W "Steppin' In Society". Visual V++ that plays about E. $85
Sunset 1114, Carlyle Stevenson's Bon Ton Orchestra, B/W "I Miss My Swiss". Rare West Coast local band/ label pressed in Hollywood. Visual V+ that plays about at grade only because quality shellac and record cutters/ stamping machines were tough to get way out West in the mid 20s. Faded labels. If you love the Charleston, you don't have this and you "need" it... just because. $200

DOUBLE VISION!!
2 copies of Gennett Electrobeam 6009- Willie Creager Orch with "Here Or There As Long As I'm With You" / Joe Candullo Everglades Orch. "Lonely Eyes".
27. V to V+ with faded labels $15 TRADED
28. E- with nice labels $25
Both play at about a noisy V+ due to grainy low quality shellac.

Now... Let's Go BIG!!
12" Popular/ Concert Series Records
29. RCAVictor 36383- Artie Shaw Orch. "Concerto For Clarinet"/ Part 2. 1947 issue using original 1940 stampers. E+ that plays as new. $15
30. Victor 35921- Waring's Concert Orch. "Ah! Sweet Mystery Of Life"/ Whiteman concert orch. "Chloe". Visual E- with faded labels, plays E. $25
31. Brunswick 20044- Brunswick Artists with Orchestra, "The Merrymaker's Carnival" / Part 2". Written by Ford and Haenschen (aka "Carl Fenton"). Visual V+, plays E-, $25
32. Brunswick 20011 (black "Bat Wing", Capitol Grand Orch (Erno Rappee) "Midsummer Night's Dream - Overture" / "Wedding March". Visual V+ (scuffs), plays E- or better. $30
33. Gennett 2503, Coney Island Jazz Orch., "Tell Me Why" / "What Could Be Sweeter- Medley". YES, a 12" Gennett. That's not ethnic. That's jazz. Who knew? Visual V+ that plays that or better. Someone noted no. "71" on both labels. $125.00
34. Brunswick 20091- Red Nichols and his Orchestra (featuring His Five Pennies) "I'll See You In My Dreams" / "Some Of These Days". Visual E- that plays E or better. Fine sides. Jack Teagarden, Glenn Miller, Jimmy Dorsey present. $50
35. Victor 36396, Tommy Dorsey Orch., "Without A Song" (Frank Sinatra), /"Deep River" (arr. "Cy" (sic) Oliver). Original gold print 1940 pressing. Visual E, plays E+ to NM. $35
36. Victor 35822, Whiteman Concert Orch, "Rhapsody In Blue"/ p.2, with Gershwin at piano. This session was actually directed by Shilkret, who was either feuding with Whiteman or punking him by telling him the wrong time for the session. Late 1930s pressing (gold print circular label) from original stampers. Visual E+ that plays as new. Superb copy $25 TRADED
37. Brunswick 20122- Abe Lyman California Orch., "Gold Diggers Of 1933 Medley" / "Stormy Weather". Visual V due to heavy scuffiness. Label fade/ label ring wear. Plays V++ to E-. $35 TRADED
38. Brunswick 20107, Red Nichols Orch., "California" (medley) / Part 2. Later 1938 silver/ black labels. Dorseys, Joe Venuti, Johnny Davis, Boswells, Sid Garry, Art Jarrett, Chick Bullock all present. March 1932 record date. Visual E+, plays as new. Fine copy of a scarce record $60
Last edited by gramophone-georg on Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

CharliePhono
Victor III
Personal Text: "The kerosene record player is not a very efficient device." ~Frank Zappa

Re: FOR SALE: TMF Record Bash- Various

Post by CharliePhono »

Consider #11 sold! PM to follow.

Liamhamb30
Victor O

Post by Liamhamb30 »

Sent you an email. I'm very interested in that Rhapsody in Blue record and a few others. Respond when you can.

Liam H.
Liam Hood

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Liamhamb30 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:40 am Sent you an email. I'm very interested in that Rhapsody in Blue record and a few others. Respond when you can.

Liam H.
Hi Liam- Thanks much- response sent.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Entertaining offers on the rest- maybe even crazy offers, you never know! :D