Wanted: Thanks for the Lobster, Fred Van Eps

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
gsphonos
Victor II

Wanted: Thanks for the Lobster, Fred Van Eps

Post by gsphonos »

Hello all,

I have a friend looking for a Columbia disc record. He believes it is number A1593, released in about 1914: Thanks for the Lobster, by Fred Van Eps. Actually, he is looking for any label with this recording. Any help appreciated! My friend has been having eye issues, and is unable to post this on his own.

Mike Sorter
Riverside, CA

fchrisware
Victor Jr

Re: Wanted: Thanks for the Lobster, Fred Van Eps

Post by fchrisware »

Dear Mike,

I actually thought I had this disc but was annoyed that I didn't; there's a Regal on eBay right now — but it's in Argentina, with a hefty shipping quote. But if one's looking for something, then ... plus it is a Clarence Jones composition, who was a great African-American composer and musician who made a fair number of piano rolls and led his own band and later made disc recordings with his own group(s).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225171183590

Hope you've been well and that the Symposium cylinder player continues to function!

All very best, as always,

C.

gsphonos
Victor II

Post by gsphonos »

Thank you very much for this link to the Ebay auction! I was certainly pass it along to my friend. He has been looking so long, that he might just not mind paying that high shipping cost!

Thanks again!

Mike Sorter

gsphonos
Victor II

Post by gsphonos »

And, yes, the Symposium Cylinder player continues to work great. I am especially happy having the new replacement belts as well!

Mike