SOLD: 3 Rare KKK Records - $200 for all + USPS

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
FellowCollector
Victor IV

SOLD: 3 Rare KKK Records - $200 for all + USPS

Post by FellowCollector »

I found these three records in a small collection of early disc records that I recently purchased. Please accept that I have absolutely no affiliation with nor do I condone or consent to the content of these recordings. I know that these records are very scarce and noteworthy from a historical, albeit racially motivated, perspective.

Homer Rodeheaver (1880-1955) was a well-known evangelist preacher, composer, music publisher and recording artist who released many different sacred songs and sermons on a number of different early 78rpm record labels.

Inexplicably, Rodeheaver also produced a series of racially motivated records for the Ku Klux Klan on the rarely found “SPECIAL” label out of his Chicago studio. Early on his company also produced recordings on the KKK label but the recordings would eventually be handled by Gennett. The “SPECIAL” record label had a relatively small distribution and is rarely found today. The KKK record labels are almost equally scarce.

All of these records have received plenty of play and there are numerous scattered surface scratches and scuffs on each. There are no cracks on any of these records. I did see a couple of very minor edge flakes that will not affect play. Each of these records has been played through on a modern turntable and each plays fine with expected surface noise and occasional pops and clicks consistent with early records that have been played on period phonographs.

I would prefer to sell these three records as a group for $200 plus USPS shipping cost. Payment accepted by PayPal Friends and Family only please.

I pack very securely and usually ship within 2 business days of receiving the payment and will send the USPS tracking number immediately after shipping.

Please send a PM with interest.

Thanks,
Doug
Attachments
IMG_8114.JPG
IMG_8115.JPG
IMG_8116.JPG
IMG_8117.JPG
IMG_8118.JPG
IMG_8119.JPG
IMG_8120.JPG
IMG_8121.JPG
IMG_8126.JPG
IMG_8127.JPG
IMG_8128.JPG
IMG_8129.JPG
Last edited by FellowCollector on Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Re: FOR SALE: 3 Rare KKK Records - $200 for all + USPS

Post by Curt A »

Stuttering K-man - interesting title.
Was he singing K-K-K Katy?
The song was the basis of a parody which ridiculed the Ku Klux Klan.
K-K-K-Katy, beautiful Katy
You're the only g-g-g-girl that I adore
When the M-M-M-Moon shines over the c-c-c-cowshed
I'll be waiting at the k-k-k-kitchen door.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd14ynJyE3k
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife