Wanted "Talking Nipper" recording - help give Nipper his voice back

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
kiwiatlarge
Victor Jr

Wanted "Talking Nipper" recording - help give Nipper his voice back

Post by kiwiatlarge »

I know this is a long shot... . I'd like to give my Nipper his voice back and wondering if anyone has a copy or knows of digital recording of the "Talking Nipper Demonstration record" (BS 027168) they would be willing to share or sell me? I know the record itself is scarcer and nearly as, if not more, valuable than the 40" Nipper! This is the one on page 3-29 of the Rolfs' Nipper Collectible book Vol I. It would be fun to set this up using a modern motion detection system and hear him speak again after 75+ years.

Attachments
IMG_3180.jpeg

Homestead
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Deep in the East Texas Phonograph Desert

Re: Wanted "Talking Nipper" recording - help give Nipper his voice back

Post by Homestead »

Perhaps this can help you...watching on Youtube on Nipper found this vid. It was of the Rolfs book as you mentioned. At about the 4:40 mark start watching and hearing a Nipper talking record. I hope this helps you in your quest. James Manker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV-lY_xOE-s

kiwiatlarge
Victor Jr

Re: Wanted "Talking Nipper" recording - help give Nipper his voice back

Post by kiwiatlarge »

Homestead wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:06 am Perhaps this can help you...watching on Youtube on Nipper found this vid. It was of the Rolfs book as you mentioned. At about the 4:40 mark start watching and hearing a Nipper talking record. I hope this helps you in your quest. James Manker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV-lY_xOE-s
Perfect - thank you so much James! What a great video.
Michael